p a r t III - l a c e

-----THE STORM IS HERE

-
-
-
-
-THE STORM IS HERE.
-
-
-
-

I need to see you

I need to see you. Please? - sent.

i can't right now. i just need some space, okay? im sorry. - princess.

I swallowed back the tears of confusion and irritation while staring down at my phone. It's been this way for the last week, her shutting me down or giving me an excuse as to why I can't see her. I wasn't sure what was wrong, but I needed to know if she was okay. She was shutting me out and it was scaring me.

Her recital is in less than a week and I was nervous. Since we haven't been speaking I wasn't sure if she still wanted me to go. I had my suit picked out and the perfect bouquet of flowers. It was the night that I planned to tell her and everyone else that I loved her.

But now I wasn't so sure that was the right thing to do. Things on my side have been tense. Angel was nowhere to be found and mommy was worried. Even though we were all angry at him it wasn't like him to disappear. Sage was a mess, Novalie and Bella staying with her while we tried to find him. Mommy has been with me, calling every police department from Connecticut down to Brooklyn to make sure he wasn't booked.

I was exhausted. I've been sick to my stomach the last few days and I wanted to do nothing but sleep. Mommy thinks I have a bug but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like my body is trying to tell me something and I wasn't sure what. All I know is that I was exhausted and I needed to see Nubia. But I knew I'd be crossing the line if I was to go there knowing her parents would see.

I locked my phone and exhaled from my blunt while slumping down onto the couch. We were at my childhood home, Mommy and aunt Bella in the kitchen making breakfast for Sage who was still in bed with Novalie.

"Adrien, your plate is ready babe." Bella called. I stood, walking over and handing her the blunt as she inhaled. The door opened and closed, aunt Nura walking inside causing me to roll my eyes and brush passed her.

"You not gonna say nothing?" Nura asked my mother who just scoffed before laughing humorlessly.

"Do I look like Angel? That's your man and your problem. You know I don't like you. You know that. Now. What do you want?" Mommy asked causally causing me to snicker. Aunt Bella slapped her shoulder, mommy sucking her teeth as Nura just rolled her eyes. I sat at the bar, watching their interactions with a smirk.