p a r t II - s a t i n.

---------

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I stared down at the four other envelopes that were entrapped in the letter he wrote me

I stared down at the four other envelopes that were entrapped in the letter he wrote me. My lips trembled as I slowly lifted it before placing it down. The tears started again and I sniffed while shaking my head. Mama hasn't left her room since last night. Baba hasn't looked at me. I know he's trying but they're hurt and it's all my fault.

"Read it, Nubia. Just read it." I let out a shaky breath before grabbing the letter. My eyes blurred with tears at his hand writing. It's always been so neat and perfect ever since we were younger. He was such a perfectionist and I'll always remember the good things. His room was always clean, he always smelled good and was so organized.

But I knew it was because of the disorder on the inside. He couldn't control his mind so he controlled everything else around him until he couldn't anymore. I let out a shaky breath and started to read, feeling my chest tighten with each word.

My favorite princess,

I know you've been gone a while. There's a lot you don't know and have yet to experience. It's saddening that I can no longer be there for you the way you need it. No one pays attention to you the way I have and now it's time.

I can't do this anymore, and I'm sorry. I tried for thirty five years. Nothing works. The voices are too loud mama. No matter how high I get, I still feel lower than ever. I still feel his hands on me, I still feel like I don't belong here. As if I'm an alien just watching life pass me by while everyone else has a sense of purpose and security.

Mama and Daddy tried, I know they did. But it finally caught up to me. Nour and I aren't as close anymore but you don't know why.

I was in trouble and I had to tell him. He knew the people that were supplying me and it caused them to fall out. It was my fault that those men tried to take you. I'll forever be grateful that Adrien was there that night waiting for me. Im so sorry, Princess. I paid them off but it still was too much. 

It's just time to free myself. But before I do that I need to make a few amends. I need to tell a few secrets but I need to tell them through you.