p a r t II - s a t i n.

--------

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

 "Hey, hey I'm here

"Hey, hey I'm here..I'm here.." The sound of Adrien's voice brought me back, my chest heaving as I panted. I was covered in sweat, wiping my face before adjusting my tank top. It's been about a week since we found Leilani and I was a wreck. I kept having nightmares and woke up to Adrien consoling me every time. Baba was back but never came down here, and the one time he did, I was in the middle of being consoled.

It's been tense. Everything, really. I was growing exhausted and it was the type of exhaustion that I knew wouldn't go away for a while. I felt as if I was being pulled in multiple directions. Adrien being here for me as been nothing but amazing, but I knew they were hurting too. They fidget in their sleep, calling out for Mason or Anita and it hurt me.

What do you deal with that you don't tell anyone else?

I convinced them to lay in the bed with me that night we came back from finding Leilani. I wanted to be held and not by my baba. Adrien did exactly that and hasn't let go since and I've loved every moment. The comfort they gave me was something I've never expected. All of this depth and softness was a shock to me.

I guess that's what happens when you give someone a chance to show who they really are. It made me reflect on everyone else and their attitude toward Dre. What did he do to make everyone so mad? Be himself?

I wasn't sure but I was determined to find out. Just not now.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't. Don't apologize." Their voice was soft and soothing causing me to look up at their green eyes. They held a gentleness to them that I've never noticed until recently. It was as if they had the most genuine soul and it was seen in their eyes.

"Are you okay?" Dre asked quietly. I nodded before standing up and walking to the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and looked at the time. It was after four a.m and less than a week until Mason's funeral. I've tried calling mama but she never answers and I haven't heard from Sophia either.

It was just Adrien and I. And I kind of liked it despite the circumstances.

Footsteps emerged from my bedroom and into the kitchen area. Their warmth radiated toward me as they stood behind me, their arms slowly wrapping around my waist. I knew they were testing my boundaries and I let them. I felt whatever it was too but I was also terrified.