p a r t III - l a c e

------ this book will soon be coming to an end

-
-
-
-
-
- this book will soon be coming to an end.
-
-
-

Adrien took another swing from their beer as they waited for their ride. They were going to Avery's party, wanting nothing more than to forget the pain they've been inflicted to. After hearing the news from Novalie, they all rushed to the hotel, Angel's body being pushed on a gurney. They said he was still breathing, Adrien feeling hopeful as they went to the hospital.

All of them were a mess especially Nura and Sage. They had all tried comforting each other despite the tension. Adrien was silent, their eyes closed most of the time while praying that their intuition was wrong. They felt the disconnect, as if someone close to them has finally departed. The same feeling they had before they found out about Mason.

Once the doctor said Angel passed from cardiac arrest in the ambulance, everyone broke to pieces. The pained cries and screams of all the woman that Adrien loved broke them apart. They simply stood and walked out, walking all the way to their shack. They weren't sure how long it took them. They barely remembered the walk, feeling as if they didn't really exist.

The first thing they did was call Nubia. It kept going straight to voicemail, Adrien screaming at the phone before punching a hole into the wall, ripping their  stitches. The second thing he did was grab whatever bottle of liquor he could find, chugging it down no matter how much it burned.

They tried their best to call her again, leaving countless text messages between their drinks. She never responded, Adrien laughing drunkenly before taking another swing from his third bottle.

"I bet you smiling up at me from hell right now. You're happy I'm fucking miserable. You're happy. Fuck you!" Adrien slurred. A knock on the door broke them from their thoughts. They stared for a second before standing up, stumbling slightly as they ripped it open.

Both Sophia and Avery stood there grinning with a case of beer in their hand. Adrien grew confused and shook their head but Sophia pushed her way inside, Avery following suit.

"Party cancelled. So we brought it to you." Avery giggled while slumping down on the couch. Sophia did the same, both of them taking their jackets off.

"No. No no no no, you-you've gotta go. You've gotta go." Adrien slurred while waving their hand. Avery and Sophia just laughed while standing up, Avery walking over and rubbing their chest as Sophia raided the kitchen.

"Come on, live a little. What happened to the old Adrien huh? It's her last night before rehab. We wanna celebrate."

"Nubia sucked it out of his dick." Sophia responded causing Avery to laugh. Adrien shook their head, the drunk confusion making them feel nauseous.

"It's okay, baby. Just relax. We'll take care of you."

"I said no! I said no!" Adrien yelled, pulling up their pants as Avery tried to pull them down. Sophia grabbed them from behind, rubbing their chest while Avery unbuttoned their shirt.