p a r t I - s i l k.

Adrien in the MM. he/her they/them.

"When did you get back?" Adrien asked

"When did you get back?" Adrien asked. I ignored their question again, rubbing my foot as I stared down at the ground. Footsteps grew closer to me, a large hand taking my foot into it and massaging it with their thumbs. I moaned quietly, Adrien smirking as they kneeled.

"Just earlier today."

"And the king and queen dragged you outside? Hm. Nothing seems to change. After all, you are their golden child. Where are your brothers?"

"Shut up. It's not my fault you all decided to do stupid shit while I kept my head in the books. I know Elias should be here. I'm unsure about Mason. Isn't that your friend?" I asked. Adrien scoffed, letting go of my foot and standing up straight.

"We haven't spoke in a very long time."

"Why?" I watched Adrien's eyes grow sad and it made me anxious. Mason was known for keeping secrets and if he had Adrien on the other side of one, then I knew it had to be bad. They were best friends from childhood.

What could've possibly happened?

"Still dance? Your feet are as disgusting as ever."

"And who was at every show in the front row? I didn't hear you complain then."

"I was obligated to show up."

"Well now you're obligated to fuck off." I muttered, Adrien chuckling before rolling their eyes.

"I can do that. But everyone was expecting me. My mother and I just came back from touring the Netherlands. A beautiful place, really."

"Yeah, she's preoccupied with my parents drooling over her right now. You should go save her. She'll appreciate your presence." I sighed as I stood, slipping my shoes back on and smoothing down my dress.

"You don't?" Their eyes lingered as they walked closer, drinking up every crevice that was exposed before meeting my knowing eyes yet again. I wasn't sure what all this tension was between us, but I felt warm.

Suffocated.

Like silk wrapped around my neck tightly. Soft, but still deadly. A beautiful noose waiting to be yanked.

"Adrien! Adrien!" The sound of Sophia's voice broke me from my trance, my eyes brows pushed together and my lip turned up in confusion.

"Why is she looking for you?" Adrien shrugged, the door being pushed open and Sophia stumbling inside. She was drunk, but that was normal for her. She walked up to Adrien and grabbed his hand when she noticed me standing there, a smile forming on her face.

"What were you guys doing?" Sophia asked while looking between us. Adrien stayed silent, staring down at the drunk girl with annoyed eyes as I simply shook my head.