p a r t I- s i l k.

it's brewing

it's brewing.

"Welcome to luxury ballet

"Welcome to luxury ballet. You're here to learn how to be perfect. If you can't handle it, you leave. I don't care what you think or how you feel. You know what you've signed up for. So I suggest you decide right here and now what you can handle."

I stared at my new dance teacher as she pranced around the room. She was tall and absolutely stunning despite the small wrinkles on her face from age. Letizia De Leon was the best dance teachers in New York City, and the only gay one at that. She received a lot of scrutiny in the tabloids about it, but I admired her bravery. She was breaking traditions while still being elegant.

I signed up for her class the moment the semester ended. Spots were always tight and I needed to be in this class. Dancing was my outlet and I more than needed one at this moment. It's been a few days since Angel's birthday party and everything was tense. After Nura punched Taina, most of everyone came running out to see what happened, Angel and Sage consoling my aunt as she cried hysterically.

That was the first time I've ever seen her cry. It hurt me to see it. After cleaning up her jaw, Baba suggested that Taina should leave with a balled fist behind his back. She didn't put up a fight, instead she walked out and didn't look back.

I haven't heard from Sophia or Auntie Nura after that. I've texted but no response. Im sure Sophia was still upset about what I said to her, but it had to be said. I refuse to watch my best friend falter any longer. She suffers from bipolar one disorder and knows certain things are a trigger for her, like drinking.

And sex. Let alone with someone who has no regard for anyone else's feelings.

Baba said that he's stopped by a few times but they weren't there. It didn't ease my mind one bit, but I had to let it go. I promised myself that this summer would be about me and me only. I was no longer catering to anyone else unless it was mama or baba.

It was no longer my responsibility, especially since I have no clue about what's been going on. I think I like it that way.

For now.