p a r t I - s i l k.

----------

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Please be ready to prepare for our first show

"Please be ready to prepare for our first show. Auditions will be held next week at seven p.m. if you're late, you're disqualified. Ms. Abdul, come to my office when you're done." Professor De Leon swiftly strode out of the room, everyone's eyes on me as I tried my best to hurry up. I was extra tired today, it being a few days since my fight with Sophia.

I haven't been sleeping too well, ending my nights with a few blunts to knock me out. My mind wouldn't stop, my eyes glued to the large envelope that sat on my table for almost two weeks now. I still haven't opened it, my heart dropping every time I touched it.

"Girl, what did you do?" Cameron asked. I huffed, rolling my eyes with a shrug causing her to chuckle. I was extra aggravated today, wanting nothing more than to be in my room with a blunt and some food. I was completely wiped, my stomach growling and my body soaked in sweat through my dance attire.

"Nothing, hopefully. Could be I'm tired today so I'm a little slow."

"Nah, you were perfect. Everyone else had to keep repeating their steps, but you caught on easy. Maybe she's impressed. Oh..what if you're the black swan? Everyone will be so jealous."

"Is that what you're doing this year? That's so basic." I snickered.

"It's one of the most elegant pieces in history of dance. You should touch up on some taste. I was the lead at six years old." Avery's voice interrupted the mood, Cameron rolling her eyes at her best friend who just shrugged. Cameron told me that they grew up together, their moms being the best of friends. Cameron was the daughter of Amelia and Casey White, both of them completely loaded and owning multiple businesses around the city. Avery's mother was Amelia's business partner, her other mother being an artist with galleries all around the city.

"I know it. Very well actually." I responded.

"Mm. Didn't seem like it. Cam, come on. I ordered lunch."

"Wanna come?" Cameron asked. Avery side eyed her and I noticed, biting my lip as I ignored the sinking feeling in my chest.

"Nah. I have a long drive. Thanks though. See you guys later." I turned to grab my stuff, the sound of harsh whispers and bickering filling my ears. I chuckled, waving before walking past when my name being called.