p a r t II - s a t i n

----------"Are you going to come with us?" AJ asked me as we stood next to Mason's grave

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Are you going to come with us?" AJ asked me as we stood next to Mason's grave. The funeral was tense, everyone quiet as we went from the church to the burial. We were all crying, Danielle's pained cries breaking my heart. Elias and Princess were comforting her, but I knew she wished her husband wasn't such a SOB.

I wasn't too sure if she wanted to speak to me after the last argument we had, so I kept my distance. I just focused on princess. I could tell everything was starting to get to her. I wanted nothing more than to hold her and console her, my body calling for her to be next to me. She left with Dani, her eyes meeting mine briefly as she walked to the car.

"Nah, pop. I can't. I've gotta get home, but I'll visit you at the house okay? You guys have enough-"

"We're fine. You stocked that airbnb up. I could live in there for years." Delaney chuckled causing me to laugh. It was good to see her smile despite all of this. When Aj finally walked up to see Mason in his casket, he broke down which triggered everyone else to fall apart, especially Dani.

"Well you can. It's mine. I'm sure you'd consider moving closer." I responded back. Delaney chuckled while shrugging causing me to sigh.

"How about you go handle that mess we've caused at home first? And if he hits you-"

"Ima beat his ass. Don't worry. I'm older now."

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you anymore. Mason told me how bad it got after pops died. But don't think you're alone, okay? You're all I've got now." Delaney poked.

"And a whole lot of other people too. Princess has a big family. It's gonna be okay."

"I know. Thank you. For everything." Delaney squeezed my hand and I smiled, both of them walking off to the rental I got for her. I stared down at the casket that was now six feet while lighting my blunt and pulling my flask from my suit pocket, pouring some into the dirt.

"I love you, brother. I'll honor every fùcking wish. Every single one."
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

" --------