p a r t i v - v e l v e t.

-----this will be the last part of velvet

-
-
-
-
-this will be the last part of velvet. The next part will be titled 'epilogue' because it's the last part of the book before it's ending.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Nour walked into his sisters house, his gun cocked and his eyes focused. He knew that she knew it was him, Nour laying low for a few days before deciding it was best to show himself. He was exhausted, running off of water and a few blunts. Danielle blew his phone up, the sound of her pained voice hurting him. But he needed a minute.

His daughter was in a coma after finally accepting her relationship and his grandson. His life may be over just when his marriage was starting to get back on track. He basically killed his best friend even if he didn't pull the trigger, the tears burning at the corners of his eyes just from the thought. His son was dead and he couldn't take back any mistakes he's made or even apologize to him.

Now his sister was hunting him and he was ready to surrender. He was drowning, his mental health worse than it's been in a while. However he had to keep himself together, being the rock for his wife and youngest son now that his daughter had her own life that was now jeopardized.

He was fucking exhausted.

"Nura? Please let's just talk okay? Please. I don't want to fight anyone else. This year has been a mess for all of us, don't you think-" the sound of a bullet flying past him broke him from his delusion, Nour turning his emotions off as he heard footsteps running toward him.

"Stop hiding! Stop hiding!" Nura screamed with clenched teeth, her chest rising up and down as the tears streamed heavily down her face. She felt betrayed in more ways than she's ever had her entire life. She was done trying to cater to everyone else, the death of her daughter being the last straw.

"Nura she tried to kill Nubia! It doesn't get more extreme than that-"

"I don't care! She was my problem to deal with! She was trying to get better and you took that from her!" Nura yelled, shooting toward the wall that Nour hid behind. His eyes were clenched shut, the bullet grazing his stomach causing him to hiss quietly.

"Nura please-"

"You're a murderer. You're a murderer and I don't know how Danielle lays down next to you every night. You're a serial killer. Does she even know how much blood you have on your hands? Huh?"

"She knows it's for good reasons-"

"Cut the shit! You killed my daughter-"

"She killed herself!"

"SHUT UP!" The automatic went off after Nura screamed, piercing holes through the walls and glass windows that were custom designed to fit Nura's interest. Nour panted, laying on the ground as he tried to press down to stop the bleeding from the side of his stomach.

"You've enabled her too long, Nura-Ali. She stabbed my DAUGHTER. She made her own bed."

"She needed help, not to be killed. She couldve gotten better-"