p a r t i v - v e l v e t.

---------it means updates to ease the pain lol

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-it means updates to ease the pain lol. (My announcement)
-
-
-
-
-
-
"You're going home tomorrow. How do you feel?" Adrien asked Reagan as they sat down next to him on the couch. The rest of the week went by smoothly, Adrien bouncing between Nubia and Reagan. Adrien was too afraid of the stress from the situation to bring Reagan over, so he's been staying with Anita and driving her absolutely insane.

"Yep, that's your kid."

Danielle managed to get him to open up about a few things, but not enough to be able to build a case against his parents. Adrien wanted nothing more than for little Reagan to be safe. It didn't matter to them if he was their son or not, no child deserves abuse and negligence.

"I'm okay. I want to stay here. Ms Anita is nice and so is Ms Danielle. And the food is really good. And I have games and stuff. I don't want to go back."

"I know, pop. But I can't keep you without your mothers permission. I won't be able to see you again if I do that." Adrien responded honestly. Reagan sighed, leaning his head against Adrien's shoulder gently as if he was testing the waters. Adrien simply smiled, grabbing his small hand and squeezing it.

"I've got something for you. Hold on." Adrien reached behind the couch and grabbed a white bag before handing it to Reagan, his eyes widening as a large smile formed on his face. He looked at Adrien before looking down and reaching for the white box that held an iPad inside.

"This is for me? To take home?" Reagan asked quietly. Adrien nodded, their smile slowly fading as the tears streamed down Reagan's face, the young boy crying as he hugged Adrien, nearly jumping into their lap.

"Thank you! Thank you! Jayce has one but he never lets me use it and I don't have anything at home except for the tv. But my mom and step dad always use the tv. So I sit in my room doing nothing most of the time." 

"You're very welcome. You can call me on it anytime. I already set it up for you. The password is 0588." Adrien responded, hugging Reagan back before pulling away with a smile.

"Can I download games?"

"Whatever you want. You can download the ones that aren't free either.0

"Awesome!"

"Here, let me show you how to call me."
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Adrien slowly walked out of the elevator before placing Reagan's things down in front of the apartment door. After running some errands, they were finally dropping Reagan off and it felt heavy. They didn't want to bring them back to Krystal, but knew they had no choice.

"You okay?" Adrien asked. Reagan nodded before knocking on the door. Not one sound came from the apartment, Adrien frowning slightly before knocking harder against the door.

"They not there. They got evicted." Adrien turned and saw an older lady who shut her apartment door staring at the both of them with skepticism.

"What do you mean? When?"

"They had a thirty day notice. It expired yesterday and the property manager changed the locks. They wasn't home anyway. They haven't been home in days. How you doin, re re? You gonna come help Grammy like last time?" The woman asked while exhaling from her cigarette. The smile on her face caused Adrien to grow nauseous, Reagan backing away slightly while shaking his head.

"Can you take me with you? Please?" Reagan pleaded.

"You don't have a forwarding address?"

"Nope. I can keep him til they get back for their stu-"

"That won't be necessary. Come on Reagan." Adrien huffed, grabbing the small boys and and pulling him toward the elevator. The older woman just stared, a twisted smirk on her face causing Adrien to grit their teeth.

"You stayed with that woman?"

"That's Jayce's care taker. He's in foster care." 

"How was that?"

"I'd rather not talk about it." Before Adrien could respond their phone blared, Adrien grabbing it and answering it without looking.

"Yes?"

"Damn, okay." Nubia muttered causing Adrien to sigh.

"I'm sorry baby. Reagan's parents are nowhere to be found. So I have to bring him with me. Are you okay with that?" Nubia let out a sigh, Adrien biting their lip before looking down at Reagan who was staring into space.

Poor boy. I'm so sorry.

"Okay you can. It was a matter of time before it had to happen. Can you bring food? I'm hungry but I gave mama a break since you were supposed to come."

"Of course baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

Adrien hung up the phone and looked up to see Reagan leaning against the wall in the hallway toward the exit. He was staring down at the carpet, his face blank and his eyes tired. Adrien sighed before holding their hand out to him, Reagan looking up at them in confusion before his face softened. He slowly grabbed their hand, both of them walking out of the building and toward the car silently.

"You can sit in the front seat. How about we get some ice cream?" Adrien asked in an attempt to cheer the young boy up. Reagan smiled slightly with a nod, but it left just as quickly once Adrien started to drive off. They knew he probably had a million questions and felt abandoned. They felt terrible, wishing that they had the answers to give him.

"Do you remember the woman I told you about? Nubia, my girlfriend?" Adrien asked, looking over quickly before looking back out of the windshield of their Volvo XC90.

"Yes. Are we going to see her?"

"Yes. That's where we're headed. But first she wants some food. That's where we'll be since Anita is busy this week. But I need you to understand that Nubia is a little different than everyone else right now. She can't handle too much so we have to be on our best behavior."

"It's cause she's pregnant right?"

"How'd you know?"

"I overheard you and ms Anita talking about it. I didn't mean to, but I was thirsty." Adrien chuckled at Reagan's response, reaching over and ruffling his hair gently before continuing to drive. The ride was silent, Adrien stopping at Panda Express which seems to be Nubia's favorite right now.

"What if mama doesn't come back?" Reagan suddenly asked. The car was quiet as Adrien sat back with their keys in their hands.

"Well..then you'll stay with me." Reagan looked over at Adrien with teary eyes, Adrien nodding as they wiped his tears from his face.

"Are you sure?" The question tugged Adrien's heart strings, Adrien nodding again with a smile despite their tears welling in their eyes. They wanted nothing more than for the young boy to be okay. They've only known him a week and they already felt a sense of guardianship. He was rough around the edges but still deserved love and care despite it all.

"Yeah honey. I'm sure."

A little short but I wanted to give y'all something. I'm gonna update more ❤️ I'm thankful for every single one of you and your support. I hope you're all eating good tonight babies.