70|DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES.

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 70

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 70

"Come on, you can't keep on ignoring me

"Come on, you can't keep on ignoring me. It's been two weeks" He groans trying to hold my hand but I pull it away.

I'm not that angry anymore but it's fun watching him go all out with apologies and gifts. I just get out of the room.

"Uyaphi manje Olwethu?" He sits up, frowning. "To the hospital, I have to hand in a patient's report before I can go on maternity leave" I say while struggling to put on my shoes.

"Didn't you say that a month ago?" He helps me put my shoes on. "Yeah but I lied. I wasn't on leave, just gaslighting you into thinking that since we're lying to each other now"

"Are you going to hold that over me forever? I apologised" He sighs. "I don't know... How long are we going to continue keeping secrets from each other for?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lied-" I scoff, cutting him off. "You shouldn't have went there in the first place. We have a baby on the way and you are being reckless" I look away from him.

"But I stopped didn't I? I won't do it again" He cups my face in both his hands. "Let go of me, I have somewhere to be'' I move past him, he grabs my waist pulling me back into his chest.

"I'll drive you there" He takes my car keys, I huff following behind him. He opens the car door and helps me in before going over to his side.

"I lied" I mutter as he starts driving, he glances at me motioning for me to continue speaking. "I don't have any reports to hand in, I was going to the mall" I continue.

He remains silent, focusing his eyes on the road.  "Melokuhle" I call out. "There are people hunting for you and you want to act petty and put our baby's life in danger? If those people fibd you without any of your guards they'll kill you!"

"And who's fault is that? You're the one going around making enemies so please... ungangiphakamiseli izwi, I'm not a child" I fold my arms around my chest.

He parks the car on the side of the road before turning to face me. "Don't look at me like that, if you don't want to drive me then I'll request an uber, simple" I pull out my phone and he snatches it away.

"Can we not argue today?" He sighs. "I don't know, can we?" I click my tongue, while looking out the window. He starts driving again and I can tell he's angry.

I notice a few black cars following behind us. "There's someone following us" I mention. "I know" He pulls out his phone "Don't make it obvious, just relax. I'll handle it" He dials a number, putting it up to his ear.

"There are four black SUV's following me, handle it" He hangs up. He keeps his speed constant, with a calm expression on his face.

I look back to see the car's screeching and loosing control. My eyes subconsciously close as gunshot sounds fill the road. "It's over" He places his hand on my thigh.

I slowly open my eyes and realise that we're back home. "I'll pick up whatever you need on my way to the office" He helps me get out of the car, leading me into the house.

"Who were those people?" I ask, remembering the foreign registration number plates on their cars. I sit on the couch, spreading my feet.

He places his gun on the coffee table and sits next to me... "Are you going to tell me or not?" I frown, he turns to face me.

"Some old allies from Ethiopia. We cancelled their contract. I don't think they're happy about it but I'll deal with their leader." He confirms.

"If it involves you initiating war, then don't" I grab the remote, turning on the TV. '"I'll be back in an hour" He pecks my temple and walks out before I can protest.

I notice his gun on the coffee table. I get up picking it up with care as I walk towards the door... The door opens, "You left your- what are you doing in my house?" I gritt out.

The girl from Melokuhle's office is standing infront of me, with a gun in hand... "Your house? This should me mine"

"He could've been mine. All this could have been mine!" She stomps, angrily. "Do yourself a favour and get out of my house, I'm not in the mood to deal with your insecurities today"

"That baby you're carrying, it could've been mine! Melo could've loved me if it wasn't for you. You ruined everything for me, I should be the one on that potrait standing by his side" Tears stream down her eyes.

"Phiwe!" I call out.

"Please get out of my house Ngicela uphume endlini yami, if it's my husband you want to talk to, make an appointment " I calmly say.

"Nx. Stay away from him. He's mine!" She screams making me wince in annoyance. Where are these damn guards when I need them?!

"Okay ke hamba sisi" I shrug. "I told you that this wasn't over didn't I?" She glares at me. "Voetsek, oa nkutloa? Voetsek!"

I turn to walk away but feel a stinging sensation on my abdomen. My hand finds it's way onto my back that's now seeping blood.

I turn back to see Phiwe and my other guard takling that girl. My eyes start to get drowsy as my feet give up. Blood runs down my leg.

I choke out a cough trying to stay awake. Multiple voices call out my name the second my body comes in contact with the floor.

My breathing becomes shallow and I can hear the door burst open from a distance away. I groan, holding onto my wound. "M-Melok-kuhle"

"H-Hey, it's okay. Don't close your eye-" I cut him off. "I-I love you" I breath out, letting the darkness consume me.