14|WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 14

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 14

"Melo, I said I'm sorry" Sihle continues to pester me as I walk down the stairs with her behind me

"Please say something" She pleads as I enter the kitchen. "It just slipped... I didn't think she was going to post it and start telling everyone" She tries to justify.

"Do you know why he's silent?" Ntsika asks her and she shakes her head no. "It's because you're being a pain in the ass. Just leave him alon-" He winces.

"Ma" He grabs onto his arm. "If I ever hear you swearing in my house I'll slap you" She points at him.

"And you two? Kwenzakalani?" She points at me and Sihle. "I'm off to school" I get up placing a kiss on her cheek as I walk towards the door.

"Aren't you taking your sister to school?" She asks as knly Ntsika's following me.

"I-Uhm. No, I'll catch a ride with Lea" Sihle dismisses and I walk out and get into my car.

"Are you guys fighting?" Ntsika asks as I drive off. "I don't know about her, but I'm not fighting" I sigh.

*

I grab my stuff and exit the class with Thabang hot on my tail. "Have you heard about the rumour?" He asks catching up to me.

"What rumour?" I turn to face him. "Well let me enlighten you... Your sister and her best friend's told your girlfriend's brother about everything yesterday" He says.

"Olwethu?" I raise an eyebrow. They told her brother?! Why does she keep on giving me reasons to dislike her even more?

"Yeah and now apparently they say she slapped Leandra this morning. Where the hell were you?!" He exclaims.

"In class, like everyone else" I glare at him. "Well that sucks, let me go check up on Ty, he must be busy kissing her ass" He rolls his eyes walking away.

My eyes scan around the garden until I spot her eith Sne and two other girls talking.

I make my way towards them. "Good afternoon ladies, can I steal her for a moment?" I motion for Olwethu.

"Of course" Sne says and I grab her arm, walking away before she can protest.

"Ungiyisaphi?" She asks as I walk out of the school premises and towards my car.

"You and I need to talk" I open the door for her and she hesitantly gets in... I walk over to my side, getting in.

"You okay?" I ask looking at her bouncing leg. ''I'm fine" She mumbles back in response.

"I'm sorry" We both say at the same time, then remain silent. "I shouldn't have spoken to you like that that night. I didn't mean it" She sighs while looking down at her lap.

"I should be the one apologizing. I'm the reason Leandra told your brothe-" She cuts me off.

"Can we not talk about her?" She mutters out and I nod. Her phone rings and she picks it up.

"No it's fine, I'll go with Sne" She says into the phone, I'm guessing it's her brother.

"Bye, I love you too" She hangs up. "You do know that I'm taking you home right?" I glance at her.

"Would you prefer if I told my brother that the boy that everyone thinks I'm dating will drop me off?" She scoffs.

"Doesn't sound that bad" I say while driving off. "Do you want to die?" She rolls her eyes.

"For you? Yes" I answer and she laughs, but her laughter is cut off by multiple gunshot sounds.

Her eyes widen, I look through the rearview mirror, seeing two black SUV's following me.

Not this again. Trust me, I'm not worried about the car. It's bulletproof, I'm worried about Olwethu, I can't get her involved in any of this.

"Press the button under your seat" I order as her hand starts shaking. I've noticed that she does that when ever a gun is involved.

"Olwethu" I call out. She snaps out of it a presses the button. The middle seat at the back opens revealing a layer of weapons.

"Grab two guns" I hold out my hand as the bullets come in contact with the car.

She quickly hands me the one of guns and I roll down the windows. I press my foot against the accelerator going even faster.

"I want you to aim at the tires of the black car on your sid-" She cuts me off. "No" She whispers.

"You have to" I urge still keeping my eyes on the road. She takes in a deep breath before sticking her head out of the widow, shooting at the car.

After a few gunshot sounds are heard the car swerves onto the other lane, bumping into the street light causing an electrical fire.

I pull her back in, closing the window and taking the gun from her and tossing it to the back. "T-There's still one car left" She points out.

"I know" I sigh and she grabs my gun. "What are you doing?" I look at her from the corner of my eye. "Just drive" She goes over to the back.

"Olwethu" I warn. "Open the window Melokuhle" She orders. "Do you want to hurt yourself? What will I tell your family?" I refuse.

"If you open this window I'll show the picture again" She suggests. "You'll send it to me?" I look at her through the rearview mirror.

"Only if you open the window" She smiles. Temptation gets the best of me and I roll down the window.

She sticks her head out the window shooting at the car. "That's enough, get back inside" I urge her.

"Wait... Just a few more" With that the car explodes and she gets back inside. "What did you do?" I ask closing the window.

"I threw one of these green things at it" She jumps over the seat. "Press the button" She does as I say.

"Where are you taking me?" She ask noticing that I'm taking a different route. I keep quiet as I continue driving.

"Melokuhle, where are you taking me?" She asks once again. "Somewhere safe" I say entering the estate.

"Take me hom-" I cut her off. "We're here" I say parking the car. "N-No. Take me home" She tries to hide her shaking hand.

I open the door getting out and walking towards the door, opening the door for her.

"I'll take you home, I just-" She cuts me off. "N-Now, I want to go home. Now" She faintly whispers.

"Do you trust me?" I ask and she nods."Then let's go" I hold out my hand. She stares at it for a moment before placing her soft hand on it.