07|STUBBORN

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 7

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 7

"Olwethu!" I call out as I walk in the direction she out in, with her phone in hand. I walk out of the library and look around.

I look down at the watch resting on my wrist. 18:30. It's late and there's only a few people here so it won't be that hard to find her.

I decide to first check the matric block but it's empty. I should've just taken her numbers.

I look down at her phone and the screen flashes.

Sne:
Zithu says your not home yet. Where are you?

Zithulele:
Olwethu, it's getting late. Who's taking you home?

I ignore her text messages as I admire her background wallpaper. It's a mirror picture of her, in what looks like her bathroom.

I sigh placing it in my pocket as I start heading out of the school premises when I see her sitting on one of the benches with her face covered.

I slowly make my way towards her, the closer I get to her, the more her cry got louder.

"Olwethu" I gently tap her back, she freezes not saying anything. "P-Please stay away from me" She chokes out still looking down.

I sit down near her and she tries to get up, I grab her arm stopping her. "Ngiyaxolisa" I hold onto her hand.

"Ungangithinti" She tries to pull her hand away but I have a firm grip on her.

"Look at me" I say as she keeos on looking down and she shakes her head no.

I take notice of her shaking hand and tapping foot. "Olwethu, look up-" She cuts me off.

"Or what? Are you going to kill me for not listening to you?!" She lifts up her face.

Her nose and cheeks are a bright red. Her eyes are puffy, slowly turning red and her glasses are in her hand.

"Ufunani kimi Melokuhle? Y-You've been making my life a living hell for the past 24 hours" She sobs while looking back down.

"Asambe Olwethu" I get up ignoring her statement. "Angiyi ndawo nawe" She folds her arms.

"Would you prefer for me to drag you out of here, kicking and screaming?" I look into her eyes.

"Hlukana nami" She glares as I try to keep my laughter within me. "Who's going to take you home? It's late" I look down at her.

Her eyes widen as she starts searching for something, definitely her phone. She gets up ready to walk back to the library.

I take this as an opportunity to grab her hand and drag her out of the school with me.

"Melokuhle, my phone!" She tries getting away. "Okay" I mutter opening the door for her.

She sits down and I shut the door before she can protest. "Asshole" I hear her mutter as I get in.

"Who, me?" Her eyes widen in shock. "I-Uhm. N-No" She shakes her head no while cracking her knuckles.

"You're lying" I look up from her hands. "Just take me home" She sighs. "And your phone?" I tease her.

"I'll make a plan" She says while looking out the window. I start the car and drive off.

*
"Unlock the door Melokuhle." She glares at me. "No" I answer. "I'm not your doll, you can't keep on controlling me" She folds her arms across her chest.

"What time is it?" She asks and I take out her phone looking at the time. Shit. "Is that my phone?" She reaches for it but I push her hand away.

"ilethe" She tries grabbing it resulting in us fighting for her phone. "It's my phone" She argues.

"But I found it" I argue back. "No you fucking took it!" She raises her voice as I turn away from her.

"Bring it back" She leans over trying to reach for it once more. "Will you calm down?" I look down at her.

"I am calm. Just give me back my phone" She mutters. "Are you hiding something?" I switch it on and swipe, unlocking it.

"Yoh, Nkosi yami" She sighs covering her face. I immediately turn it off. "You weren't supposed to see that!" She snatches her phone from my hand.

My mind is flooded by multiple thoughts as I look down at my now empty hand.

"Are you okay?" She pokes my shoulder but I'm too stunned to even answer her.
"Can I see it again?" I turn to face her.

"Haibo Melokuhle" She sits up. "Can I?" I reach for her phone. "Absolutely not. It's for my eyes and my eyes only" She holds onto her phone tightly.

"Our eyes now" I snatch the phone away and she immediately pounces onto me, straddling my lap.

"You were not supposed to see that. Bring it back" She pushes my face to the side while reaching for the phone.

"But I did didn't I?" I laugh when her face starts turning a bright red colour. "Just forget abou-" Her words are cut off as she looses her balance.

I hold onto her waist before she can fall, her phone fall onto my lap and starts ringing, she grabs it with without a second thoughts and answers it.

"Hello" She places it onto her ear. "I was still at the library" She speaks up after a few seconds.

"Ngiyeza" With that the phone call ends. "I have to go" She looks down at the time.

19:30

"Let go of me" She says while trying to get up. "The picture" I order ans she shakes her head no.

"Okay then I guess we're just going to wait for your brother to come out" I shrugmy shoulders.

"I'm not showing you a damn thing" She folds her arms around her chest. "Okay"

*
"Melokuhle it's getting late" She glances down at her phone. 20:00. We've been sitting like this for the past thirty minutes.

"We wouldn't be here if you weren't so stubborn and showed me the photo" I state.

"I'm the stubborn one? Aren't you the one holding me here against my will?" She scoffs.

"I'm not stubborn"