50|A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 50

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 50

"Yebo Sne" I groan putting my phone on my ear

"Yebo Sne" I groan putting my phone on my ear. "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lwethu. Hapy birthday to you Sthandwa Sami!!!" She yells.

"Thank you for waking me u-" She cuts me off. "Come open the door, I'm outside" She says and I immediately get up.

"What are you doing here?" I put on my sleepers, heading towards the door, opening it. "Pack up, were flying to Bali, all expenses paid" She invites herself in. "No drama this time" She adds. "Sne"

"Please, you need this and we can get you a man!" She squeals. "Ha eh! No. I don't want a 'man' " I lead her to the dining room table.

"Kunga- Ohhhhhhh. Mngani, did you hear?" She steals a look at the roses. "Hear what?" I raise an eyebrow at her. "Theses are so beautiful, where did you buy them?"

"Uhm... Someone sent them a week ago" I brush it off. "Mkay, who?!" She grabs the card reading it. "Angazi"

"Oh as I was saying ke, Melo's back in town and I must say yho! Umuntu wakho uyashisa sisi" She playfully nudges me.

"He's not my man. I haven't seen or heard from him in five years and I would like to keep it like that" I dismiss.

"But it's the truth. UK did something to him, he's eye candy. Reach out to him you know, maybe-" I cut her off.

"Yazi, I think you should go" I clear my throat. "But our trip" She gets up. ''Maybe next time, I'm not feeling too good" I speed walk into my room and shut the door before letting my tears flow.

My knees buck as I slide down the wall, silently crying. My eyes subconsciously close as a low sob leaves my lips. "Lwethu" Sne knocks but my feet remain still.

I hear the door open and close, but keep my eyes shut. "Lwethu, ngiyaxolisa" She bends down pulling me into her arms.

"I shouldn't have brought it up, askies hle" She rubs my back as I remain silent.

*

"So you're really not coming with me?" She asks for the hundredth time. "I'm in my me time era Sne plus, I have work in a week" I sigh.