69|BAZOKUBULALA UYANGIZWA?

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 69

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 69

"Look, this is cute right?" He looks up from his phone

"Look, this is cute right?" He looks up from his phone. "We don't even know the gender of the baby yet" He sighs. "That's why we bought gender neutral clothes"

"You're only five months pregnant Ngelosi yami, couldn't we wait another month nje?" He complains. "No. Now is it cute?"

"You're not dressing up my child in that" He argues. "Nx. Sharp ke, do it yourself" I get up walking out of the nursery. "Olwethu!" He calls out from behind me.

I sharply turn around, glaring at him. "What?" I fold my arms around my chest. "You forgot your gender neutral onesie" He mocks.

I click my tongue, entering our bedroom. I feel a bit of nausea hitting me so I sit down on the bed. I suddenly feel movement around my abdomen.

"Melokuhle!" My eyes widen aa I shout for him. He burts into the toom frantically looking around. "What's wrong?" He pants, I wave him over and he walks towards me with a questioning look on his face.

I grab his hand placing it on my belly. I look up at him to see a huge grin on his face... "Does it hurt?" I shake my head no. "It tickles a bit" The baby continues to kick when Melokuhle's hand rubs over my belly.

"I think that's enough" I huff, turning on my side. "I have to go to the warehouse, I'll be back in an hour... Don't get out of bed, if you need anything call me or Sphesihle. Got it?".

"I can do things myself Melokuhle. I'm not injured and I will get out of bed, stop babying me." I scoff. "I know but I can't risk you and the baby getting hurt, you've done too much work today l"

"I only packed the clothes in the nursery and you couldn't even let me finish doing that" I complain, trying to get out of bed.

"Just call me or Sihle when you need anything. We'll talk when I get home, okay?" He pushes me back down. "Okay" I sigh with with pout.

"I love you" He pecks my lips twice but I pull him back for one long kiss. He rests his forehead against mine. "Maybe I shouldn't go to the warehouse afterall" He contemplates.

"Hamba Melokuhle" I pull away and he pecks my belly before walking out. I wait for his car to drive out and I get out of bed, take a shower and head down to the kitchen.

I prepare lunch for myself before cleaning up the entire first floor. It wasn't that hard since it's just the office, kitchen, living and dining room.

I lean against the downstairs bathroom counter trying to catch my breath. This baby is slowing me down, I've already taken four breaks in the span of an hour.

As much as I wasn't ready for a baby at first. I've fallen inlove with this one in me, I don't know how but I've grown attached it. He or She's not even yet born but me and Melokuhle fight over it all the time.

I continue cleaning and head back into the living room. I order food and a few snacks while waiting for him to return, he should be here anytime since its been one hour and thirty minutes.

He still isn't back, I try calling his phone but it's off. I try clearing my head by reading but I can't. I try calling him but it's still off.

My phone rings and Phiwe, my current body guard brings me my food, I thank him. "Have you heard anything from Melokuhle?" I sigh, he raises an eyebrow at me.

"My husband" I rephrase. "Oh, The boss is handling business with the Sparrows. He should be back in no time" He shrugs it off.

Handling business? He got shot handling business a few months ago, he said he was just going to check on the merchandise and see if everything's okay.

He promised to stop 'handling business', he said he'd stop risking his life for the sake of me and the baby. He stood there and lied to my face. "Tell him not to bother coming back here"

I get up walking up the stairs and into the bathroom. I lock the door, take a bath before sitting on the couch, reading my book.

My eyes slowly start to close so I put away my book, get up and head towards the bed. The door handle starts moving and I ignore it, getting into bed.

''Olwethu!" Melokuhle calls out, frustrated. I ignore him and check the time. He's been gone for two and a half hours. "Olwethu"

I get into the covers, turning a blind eye. Mxm, he has the nerve to bang on that door knowing very well that he's very much in the wrong.

The door is swung open and I close my eyes pretending to be asleep. The blanket it snatched off of me, and I open my eyes, annoyed.

"Can I have my blanket back, ngifuna ukulala" I fold my arms. "Why is the door locked?" He frowns. "Why are you stil 'handling business' " I air quote using my fingers.

"Who told you about that?" He stands up straighter. "It's doesn't matter who told me, you lied Melokuhle! You lied to my face. Yazi wena you're a fucking hypocrite, when I go behind your back you throw a fit and ignore me for days but when you do it I must just keep quiet and deal with it"

"Ng-" I cut him off. "No, don't... Can I have my blanket? You can make yourself comfortable in one of the guest bedrooms" I snatch the blanket from his hold.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Please" He tries yo touch me but I slap his hand away. "You don't understand do you Melokuhle?" I scoff.

"This is not about me, you have a whole baby on the way and you still want to run around like a gangster getting into gun wars and getting shot, Bazokubulala, uyangizwa? And I don't know who will raise this baby on your behalf"

"Get out, your presence alone makes me sick. Leave'' I turn around, pulling the blanket around my body. I hear the door close...

 I hear the door close