45|THE END OF THE BEGINNING

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 45

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 45

"Are you sure about this?" Zithulele asks as I pulls my bag towards the door

"Are you sure about this?" Zithulele asks as I pulls my bag towards the door. "Yes. I've been here for two months now. I even spent Christmas here Zithu"

After my dad came back from the dead, I decided to stay for a few months before my departure.

"You can't leave me here Buhlebendalo" He complains for the hundredth time today. "Hhayi you have your father. Plus I'll visit you whenever I can" I try to assure him.

"You can't-" He looks back at the living room before leaning closer. "You can't leave me with nalelo ikhehla" He sighs.

"Zithulele... You even have Anele. Please just-" I sigh. His eyes narrow behind me. "Tata" I turn to face him.

"Olwethu. Uyahamba ke ngoku?" He glances at my bag and I nod. "Do you need me to drive me to the airport?" Zithu asks. "No!... I mean, no" My phone dings.

Melokuhle:
I'm outside.

"I have to go my uber's outside. Bye, I love you two" I quickly hug them and make my way outside.

"Uber? Why take an uber when your brother and I can drop you off?!" Tata frowns following behind me.

Melokuhle's parked right outside the front door, arms folded as he leans against his car. I mentally facepalm as I halt in my steps.

I can sense Zithulele's anger from where I'm standing. "Yileya uber obukhuluma ngayo? Nx. Ngitheni kuwe Olwethu? Huh? Uma ungibheka ubona isilima." He gritts out from behind me.

"Zithulele" I mutter, turning to face him. "Uma esekubulala ungabuyi uzongihlupha emaphusheni ami! Hamba nenja yakho, uyanginyanyisa Buhlebendalo" He stomps back into the house and slams the door shut.

He opens it and slams it again, probably making the house shake. I reluctantly hand my bag to Melokuhle.

"I need to speak to him"He nods and I run back into the house, heading to his room. "Zithu" I knock and he increases the volume of the TV.

I knock again and he turns on his speaker. Now this is just pettyness on another level. "Zithu, ngiyakucela!"

Everything goes silent and the door clicks open, I walk in. I sit on the couch near him. "Ngiyaxolisa"

"I'm sorry for disrespecting you. I shouldn't have allowed him to come here, but it's the last time he might see me Zithu. To put your heart at ease, him and I are not together..." I state.

"They tried to kill me in cold blood. He's not good for you, that family will drive you insane. Take it from me" He sighs. "Are you scared of me growing up?"

"Partly... I practically raised you Buhlebendalo, I suffered for you. I had to sleep hungry so that you would be well off and now you're leaving me" He clears his throat.

I wrap my arms around him. "I'm going to miss you so much" I murmur into his arms with tears threatening to fall down my eyes "I'm going to miss you too..." He chuckles.

Even though he can be a pain sometimes, I love my brother to bits. I've been through so much with him, I'm his daughter at this point. Tears stream down my eyes as sobs leave my lips.

The longest I've been away from him is two weeks, I can't even imagine a month of being without him. "You're crying as if it's the end of the world" He blurts out.

"Zithu... Ngiyasaba" I look up. "I'm also scared but it's the way of living. Ngiyakuthanda Buhlebendalo, and always be safe yezwa?" I nod.

"Nami ngiyakuthanda Zithulele"

I tightly hug him before letting go and wiping my tears. "I have to go or I'll miss my flight" I partly lie. I get up walking back outside with him following behind me.

I walk out to find him and my dad laughing together, a smile pulls onto my face when they both turn to face me.

I turn back and hug Zithulele once again before completely pulling away. Melokuhle opens the door and I step in.

He goes over to his side and immediately drives off. "You okay?" He glances at me. "Yeah" I croak out.

"Buhlebendalo" He calls out. What's up with people and calling me that today. "Ubani uBuhlebendalo? Mina ngingu Ngelosi yami" He lightly chuckles at my statement.

"Yini ekuhluphayo?" He asks. "Nothing... Honestly, I'm fine" I shake it off and he hums.

"That's not tge way to the airport. Melokuhle I'm going to miss my flight" I glare at him.

"Don't worry abo-" I cut him off. "How can I not worry about it when you're playing with my future?! Just take me to the airport!"

"The airport can wait" He dismisses. "Melokuhle I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. If I'm not in New Jersey to claim my accomodation by Monday they'll give my scholarship away! I am not privileged, I am not rich. If I loose this opportunity then it's over for me, I promised my brother to do better... Allowing you to drive me there was a mistake"

"I'm sorry for wanting to spend time with you and let you travel comfortably" He says without even looking at me.

My frown disappears when we approach a different private airstrip. "Mel-" He's already driving back to the airport. "Melokuhle ngiyaxolisa"

He remains silent while speeding down the road. I sigh running my hand down my face. He parks right outside the airport.

I turn to face him. "Ngiyaxolisa Melokuhle, please look at me". "Ufunani kimi Olwethu? huh? You're always criticising me for everything I try to do for you. I'm always the bad guy in your eyes. You're constantly looking for reasons to push me away" He clicks his tongue.

"I'm sorry" I mutter while looking down at my feet. "I don't want your meaningless apology" He scoffs. "I- I really am sorry"

I look up at him and he rolls his eyes before starting back at me. The past year flashes before my eyes as I get lost in his golden brown orbs.

A small smile pulls onto my face as I unknowingly say:

"I love you Melokuhle"

His eyes widen and he places his lips on mine.

And that was the last time I ever saw him...