10|OPEN YOUR WINDOW

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 10

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 10

"Olwethu!" Shit. "I'm coming" I say as I pace around my room. Okay, he's not going to overreact right?!

I put my phone down and anxiously walk down the hallway and into the living room.

I see him place his car keys on the table in the middle of the room. "Uvelaphi?" He says without a second thought.

"The library" I mutter out. "Kuphi?" He asks again. "The library" I say a little louder.

"Manje usuqalile ukungiqambela amanga?" He laughs to himself. "Cha, Angiqambi amanga" I defend myself.

"Your school library closes at 6. You were two hours late. Who were you with?" He gritts out.

"Zithu-" He cuts me off. "Don't even think of lying yo me" He calmly says. "I was with a friend and I lost track of time" I look down at my fingers.

"Which friend? It's definitely not Sne she called me asking if you got home safely and it's not that Xhosa girl, you two aren't on good term.

"They aren't my only friend Zithu. I just lost track of time that's all" I sigh. "Did you loose track of time when you were sneaking out to go to that party yesterday" He says ans I chocke on my own spit.

"I-I'm sorry" I feel my hand start to shake. "I'm trying so hard to protect you Buhle. I'm trying to keep you safe, I don't want you to end up dead" He sighs.

"How can you keep me safe when you're out there risking our lives every second of the day?!" I shout.

"Lower you voice when speaking to me" His hands fold up into fists.

"No Zithulele, if you keep on doing these illegal things, you'll end up dead. You'll get the both of us killed! I don't want to live this life anymore, I want to be normal" I feel tears streaming down my eyes.

"Why can't you just get a normal job? You're well educated kodwa wena you want to run around the streets of Gauteng acting like a starring Zithulele!" I sniff as I wipe my tears away.