66|SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH ME!

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 66

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 66

"Melokuhle!" I shout for the hundredth time

"Melokuhle!" I shout for the hundredth time. "Mhm?" He walks into the room as I continue applying my make up.

"Are you done? You've been in there for an hour" I swear I'm going to drag him out of here, halfway through with his dressing. He takes forever to get ready.

"It's only been half an hour" He frowns.  "It felt like an hour, asambe" I grab my phone and hand him my purse as we walk out of the house.

He opens the car door and I get in. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asks, getting in and driving off... "Stop asking me that, I'm fine" I snap and he raises an eyebrow.

"Sorry" I mutter out. His eyes remain focused on the road. "I said I'm sorry" I repeat. "Melokuhle" I call out when he remains silent.

I feel a certain wetness on my cheeks, I sniff staring out the window. "Ukhalelani manje?" He glances at me. "Don't talk to me"

"Ngenzeni?" He parks outside his parents house. "You've been crying the whole day, tell me what's wrong?" He holds both my hands in his. "I don't know what's wrong! Something's wrong with me" I whisper shout the last part.

"Do you want me to take you the hospital?" A bit of concern laces his eyes. "No. I'm fine, I think. I'm a psychologist I'll figure it out" I sniffle.

"But you're crying for the third time today, Ngelosi yami. The next time you cry, we're visiting the hospital" He states, opening the door for me. I get out, linking my arm with his.

"I love you" He places a kiss onto my cheek. "I love you more" I smile, looking up at him. "We both know that's not true"

I roll my eyes as we walk in. "Finally, we've been waiting for you two" Ma immediately pulls me into a hug. "You look wonderful" . "Oh please, speak for yourself. You look divine" We pull away.

"Ma, you're forgetting something" Melokuhle points out. "What?" She frowns. "Your son".

"Oh, Ntsika's in the living room" She waves it off, I resist the urge to laugh as he looks at her in disbelief. "Me. I'm your son"

"Ukhuluma ngani wena? You're a grown man with a job, a wife and a house" She scoffs. "Kodwa Ma" He sulks. "Ngiyadlala, I missed you too... Not as much as Olwethu but still" She hugs him, he quickly hugs back.

"Makoti! uya-glowa these days" Sphe says pulling me into a hug. "Ngiyabonga, you also look beautiful" I hug her back.

"But honestly tho, you've gained. The good type of weight, if you weren't married to that idiot then I would have gladly married you"

"Hhayi, asambe. I'm hungry"

*

"Olwethu before you leave, can I speak with you?" She asks and I look at Melokuhle. "I'll meet you in the car" I announce, getting up from my seat and following her to a much more secluded area outside the house.

She sits on the chair facing the poarch and I sit next to her. "On a serious note, tshela mina makoti, are you pregnant?" My jaw drops.

"I-No. I'm on birth control. I'm not pregnant" I start rambling. "I understand. I just wanted to confirm my suspicions" She clears out.

We bid our farewells before I get into the car. He drives off as I silently stare out the window. I can't be pregnant, I've always been careful I still am careful.

"Olwethu" He calls out. "Mhm?" I hum in response. "What's wrong?" He places his hand on my thigh. "Nothing, I'm just tired" I partially lie, I could use a nap but after tonight. I know I'm going to be restless.

"What did she say to you?" He glanced at me, still keeping his eyes on the road. "It's not her you should be worried about..." I hint.

"Okay then what did I do then?" He sighs, parking into the garage. I get out of the car, ignoring his calls for me. I enter the main bedroom, discarding of my clothes and accessories before wiping my make up off.

I get into the shower letting the water run down my body. Tears make their way down my cheeks at the thought of me being pregnant.

I close my eyes trying to get rid of those thought, I feel a pair of arms wrapping around my body. I break down, sobbing into his arms.

He rubs my back soothingly as I cry into his chest. I choke out a sob while the water stops running.

*

We're now lying in bed, cuddling. I still haven't told him about what's going on and everytime I think about it, I start crying.

He holds onto me tighter when I sniff. I turn to face him with a sad smile. "I-Melokuhle... I might be p-pregnant" I blurt out. "I know" He answers.

"Why didn't you tell me?" My jaw tightens. "I didn't want you to freak out without us confirming it firts" He cups my face in his hands. ''Is that why you're crying?"

"Yes" I nod. "IF you are pregnant then we'll take care of it. I'll be there with you every step of the way, you don't need to worry because of that"

"N-No it's not that....... I don't w-want a baby yet, Melokuhle. I'm young okay, I know nothing about being a parent. We've just gotten married, I can't be pregnant. I'm not ready. " I whisper the last part out.

He untangles his arms from mine before getting up and walking away. I scramble out of bed, wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

I put on my slippers before walking out in search for him. "Melokuhle!" I call out but get nothing in response. I walk into his home office.

He's staring out of the winding with a glass filled with brown liquid in hand. I make my way towards him, wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his back. "Ngiyaxolisa" I whisper.

"It's your body, do whatever you want with it" He simply says before downing the drink, unwrapping my arms from his waist and slamming the glass against his table then walking out of the room.

I shortly follow after him still, calling out his name. He turns around, looking straight into my eyes, his orbs reflect pure pain and hurt. He blinks, grabbing his keys and walks out leaving me staring at the door.

I can hear his car engine rev before driving off. Tears simultaneously slide down my cheeks as my hand starts shaking. I dryly swallow before heavily breathing out.