Chapter 60

Happy new year, Dear readers💜.

I'm here with a long chapter so please read slowly.

________________________________

Some sharp edges of sprawled hair were poking the skin beneath his nose, it made Jungkook nuzzle out from the area and use the next soft spot to soothe the tinkled skin. But this slight movement of his face awoke his other senses as well, he heard a small fluttering sound behind him, the tiny cooing noises filling the empty place of the balcony. 

Doves?

Jungkook stirred in his position and blinked open his drowsy eyes, the first thing he saw was the wrongdoer hairs that were torturing him in his sleep, a few moments ago. Although the hair doesn't belong to him, it belongs to the Alpha who was sleeping beside him, and the place where he soothed his skin was nothing but the shoulder of the Alpha.

His drowsy eyes stretched into the shape of a full circle when he saw the Alpha sleeping… so….. close to him. The movement of fluttering feathers happened behind him again but Jungkook didn't have enough strength to just twist and divert his gaze from the sleeping face of the Royal Alpha. 

It was not the first time that he had seen Alpha sleeping, he had some handful of memories of staring at the Alpha’s peaceful sleeping face. But why did it feel like he was seeing him for the first time? No. he is not.

Maybe 

Yes… he is. 

Without shaking much, Jungkook laid his head on the pillow once again. The only difference is that now his curious eyes were devouring the sleeping persona of the Alpha.

The Royal Alpha was sleeping on his stomach, his face turned towards him. One hand crossed the pillow above while the other buried beneath the pillow. His face was lying on the soft pillow, making his cheeks more prodding and crushed against the layer of the cotton. 

Jungkook bit his lips when he saw black tresses covering half of Alpha’s chin and spread just above his shoulder where he brushed his nose. He wanted to put them behind Alpha’s nape, fingers aching to just move and course through the delicate black threads.

He combined his hands and tucked them under his chin instead. This man… his mate. He doesn't want to ignite a force in between them which only works when one of them is subconscious and he surely doesn't want to start it when the other person is defenceless, sleeping. 

You want to touch him though. 

Jungkook gulped his inner thoughts down, they don't mean anything in the real world anyway. He doesn't want to. It doesn't matter that the Alpha is looking so… so beautiful while sleeping. His cheeks looked so puffed up that none could feel any kind of intimidation from him.

He closed his eyes snappily and pressed his lips together in disappointment. His face turned and hid under his spread hands. He remembered the night in his tiny careful details, those careful fingers massaging the base of his head. 

A shiver ran through his spine when his body recalled the sensations of the past night. Those whispered words of care and admiration fell around his shoulders as a warm hug. But would those words hold their meaning in the future as well? What if the new day might bring a new meaning and everything once again fell under the act of responsibility? 

His shoulders sagged into the mattress, lost in deep thoughts of the mystery that his mate was weaving with his emotions. He opened his eyes and tilted his neck to glare at the sleeping figure beside him. 

The more he stared, the more his glare was melting into a soft puddle of gaze. He is weak. He shouldn't bear such weakness that could destroy his self-dignity and make him an easy prey to catch.