Chapter 31

Happy Diwali to all❤.

Soft pink lapels of hanfu were scattered around a beauty who was laying on the bed with his eyes closed. His red hairs were falling across his rosy cheeks that he tossed away with another turn. Jungkook opened his eyes, unable to fall asleep. 

His eyes looked towards the window only to find dawn spreading upon once a dark sky. He stared at the ceiling for a while before turning on his stomach again, he buried his face into the mess of his Alpha's clothes that he had created last night.

Jungkook whimpered. In pain, in loneliness. 

It has been nine months since he had seen his Alpha or felt his presence. He didn't know his Alpha will be away from him for such a long time. 

Royal Alpha Kim Taehyung is cruel and now Jungkook understands why. Not for once his mate thought of him. In this big packhouse, he left him alone to live on his own. 

With another whimper, Jungkook fisted the clothes into a tight hug, his nose was searching for the scent he was dying to inhale. But all he could smell was the faintness of dull sandalwood. 

This week was unbearable for Jungkook because as time was passing the scent in his Alpha's clothes receded gradually. And now there was nothing that he could hold on to. His eyes always start becoming damp as soon as the night falls.

He spent his days totally indulging himself with Eclipers or with Commander Hoseok in the courtroom. But at night, Jungkook becomes helpless. His wolf yearned for his Alpha's presence and now Jungkook has nothing to give him.

He just hopes his mate will be back before his wolf goes insane. And for Jungkook… he understands his Alpha's responsibilities, the importance of his duty but it didn't hurt anyone if his Alpha would come back just to show that he is fine and all healthy. Because Jungkook has his worries about his Alpha, he wants to know if his Alpha is good or if he was suffering just like him.

Jungkook knows the possibility of the last one is low but he can't help to think if his Alpha misses him too? 

This separation made Jungkook realise a lot of things. He realised that he was no longer the crown Prince of Lunar who lived his whole life under the degradation of his mother, he is an Empress now. Empress of Europe, Luna of Eclipse and the Omega of his Alpha.

Those grey eyes changed Jungkook's life. Changed his heart, changed the reason for his breaths, changed his reputation in the world.

As the sun rises, the loneliness faded away with the sense of duty. Jungkook rolled in between his Alpha's clothes until he found the fur coat. With a last inhale, he gets up from the bed. 

His body motioned to the bathhouse with a new dress in his hand that he doesn't pay much mind to while choosing. Nowadays Jungkook doesn't feel joy in anything. He just does them. Absentmindedly.

It's like his Alpha went and took his soul with him. His soul is very ambitious after all, it will not leave his Alpha alone.

Jungkook giggled at his own silly thoughts. He folded the clothes neatly and put them back into the closet before wearing his veil and crown.

As soon as Jungkook stepped down the hallway he noticed the glamour of spring. All around the packhouse, big vessels were filled with beautiful flowers and chandeliers were decorated with layers of different petals. It's like the whole packhouse was washed by some flower rain.

With designated steps, Jungkook went outside the main packhouse. The garden was filled with the eclipsers who were here to discuss daily consultations with their Empress.