Chapter 52

Hello, lovely readers💜.

Jungkook was doing everything to turn his ragged breaths into a calm whiff of air. His shoulders were hunched down in his Alpha's arms, face buried in collarbones.  The sky above them was thundering wildly, something he hadn't witnessed before, such storms never occurred around the dry land of the Lunar.

His one arm was holding the pup in his lap and the other one was wrapped around the Alpha's waist. He could feel those arms tightening around him when the gust of feral wind struck them. However, The Alpha endured the impact and raised one hand over Jungkook's head, burying them more into his chest.

Jungkook heard it when his own breaths found serenity, the sound was low, a mere vibration under his ear but Jungkook heard the beating heart of the Alpha. His body lost all the stiffness, melting in those safe arms like a puddle of frost.

The wind was going untamed, the next wild gust made the Alpha duck his head down to save the impact. His face rested over Jungkook's neck and both mates captured each other's racing hearts in between their arms.

The scent of new blooming pines nestled all over Taehyung's face while Jungkook found solace in the scent of sandalwood that was covering his entire body in a protective circle.

The protection his heart felt would have been new to that Jungkook who once lived in those fake strong walls of Lunar. But this Jungkook felt the true meaning of protection when he stepped inside Eclipse as the Empress of Europe. He felt the true meaning of protection when his Alpha sheltered him in his arms.

Right now the world was breaking apart around him, everything was getting destroyed that comes in contact with the storm but here he is… curled up into his Alpha lap, snuggling in comfort.

Respect and protection are the two primal needs of an omega. And his Alpha has fulfilled these needs of Jungkook from the very start. What other things does he need to live? Jungkook doesn't bother to mull over it.

His legs were getting numb by the cold but his heart was purring in the warmth of the Alpha.

The scent was becoming overwhelmingly tough to swallow down his nose, and the grip Jungkook had on his Alpha's waist got tightened.

The Empress raised his head from Alpha's chest and nuzzled it into his neck," I am safe. The pup is too. Please, Calm down. It's hard… hard to breathe." If his body wasn't proof enough, Jungkook spoke it out to the Alpha.

In different situations, distinct amounts of scents are required to comfort an omega, to make him feel safe and secure. Taehyung realized he exceeded the amount unknowingly, he could feel his pheromones all around the tree.

He pulled away a little, controlling his scent to not overwhelm the pup and the omega in his lap.

It happened unknowingly. But the thing that hindered Alpha's brain was that… He has never done something unknowingly before. Ever.

He was about to move away when he felt both arms of the omega, encircled his waist and hugged him tightly. The pup was secured in between their bodies but the way Luna's whole body loosened up in his lap, stirred something drastic in the Alpha.

They don't know how long they kept sitting under the shades of the tree but Taehyung could see the Sun which was setting behind the gloomy clouds, spreading his beams one last time. The rain had stopped but the wind was still strong, he could hear the warm breaths of the omega under his ear.

His hearing perked up when he paid attention to the upcoming sound and hurried footpad of wolves. They are not one or two, it's a group of wolves. The sound was coming from the end of the southern territory.