Chapter 54

Warnings before you proceed further;
1) This chapter contains 20% past of the Alpha, more things will be disclosed with the story.
2) I cried while writing it so tissues will be appreciated while reading.
3) Read slowly or facts will get mismatched.
4) Kindly be patient and humble towards both characters and trust your author.

____________________________________

Jungkook stared at the closed door with wide eyes, his heart was pounding inside the ribcage. The door was made with old wood, carrying no paint. It was miraculous that it survived the centuries in the palace, its hinges made a sound to creak against the floor as if telling Jungkook to stop, don't go inside. Some parts of it were swollen due to the rainy season while others were still intact. 

He extended his hand after ascending a staircase that led to the door and grabbed the latch. With a light push, the door scraped backward and a dark room came into view. Jungkook didn't step inside, instead, he looked back, his lips parted in surprise when he found no one behind him.

Just a few moments ago, his Alpha was standing right behind him. And now, the hallway was all empty. Only two flambeaus were igniting the entire pathway but there was no individual to be seen. Maybe it was a journey Jungkook has to finish off on his own. Maybe these big doors of the library hold a different persona of the Alpha that he doesn't want to go through again and again. What will it be? What would it be that scares even the Emperor of the Eclipse? 

Mushed up in his thoughts Jungkook walked towards one of the flambeaus and uncuffed it from its satchel. He carried the flambeau in his right hand and faced the door of the library once again.

Whatever these doors conceal between you and me, my admiration for you will never change. 

Jungkook closed his eyes and chanted these words like a holy verse of a seraphic tale. He wanted to transmit these words of commitment to the Alpha securely, wanted to tuck away the slight fear he observed on those grey orbs.  His eyes flew open, staring right across the dark room. He took the first step of faith and entered the old library.

The light coming from the flambeau showed how big the library actually was. Jungkook walked around it with a hand on its wall, tracing the entire room and igniting the cuffed flambéaus in the corners of the library. When he lightened up the last flambeau, Jungkook left the first one on its satchel too. 

All the nine flambeaus lightened up the room as a fireball in the dark sky. The library was big, filled with short and wide racks, shelves full of pages, and dishevelled books. And most important, the dirt and abandonment of the entire room. His chima traced his steps as Jungkook walked deeper into the library, noting down the needs the library requires to get over the surface of civilization. 

Jungkook noticed the deserted book lying lifeless on the racks, some open halfway while others stacked so closely that it could be mistaken to assume them a common book. The windows of the room were covered with red curtains, each wall had one set. At the farthest end of the room was situated a chair. Although it looked afresh despite the condition of the entire room, the texture of the wood gave away its age of manufacture. 

The table was a square board of mahogany wood and Jungkook declared it as the only clean thing in the library. 

However, the hour of the night was odd to start cleaning but Jungkook started the work on his first foot. He collected all of his hair into a group and looked around for something that could be used as a tie for his hair. His eyes found a wooden carved pen on the table, laying beside some unfinished texts. The pen was simple, a beautiful wooden work carved at the end of its sole. Its tip was inkless as if the owner hadn't used it for a while. He picked up the pen and a smile adorned his lips, it will be the perfect pin for his hair. He combed his hair roughly with his fingers and wrapped it around the pen after rolling them in one direction.