Chapter 55

Lots of pillows are required. Read slowly 💜.

When Jungkook closed the door behind his back, a part of him remained outside his chamber still listening to the quotes and charges on his character. His back slid down against the door, his body slumping due to the lack of energy. This time he didn't wipe his tears but let them crawl out of the deepest hurt.

Is there anything left that could be snatched away from him?

Jungkook covered his face with his elbows and bowed on the floor. He cried heavily, heart wrenching sobs were falling out. He didn't try to calm himself, let the hurt be swept away with the tears. But the more he cries, the more empty he starts feeling inside.

"I'm I-I'm not him! I don't k-know him." He kept saying these two sentences in a loop. His mind provides that the Alpha never lies. So does it mean that he was Eun Hwan in his previous life? 

No.

He could never be. Then why will Alpha lie about something so cruel even after knowing that Jungkook was at his lowest point? 

"If this is the truth. Then all of your previous conversations with me were surely lies. Where you said I will be the only omega in your life, where you said I am beautiful, where you said you started to feel the bond, where you scented me in my sleep, in front of the Eclipsers, in the pavilion. Was everything false? Am I living a life that's not mine?" He expressed while his lips were close to touch the floor, his tears already making a small puddle there.

"You said so many things to me, Alpha, and I had collected all of them in my heart, one by one. Without any greed, I expressed my thoughts to you. Without catching your attention, I took care of you. And now…" 

Jungkook let his face dig into his elbow to quiet down the whimper of his wolf," Now you are saying, it was the stunts of responsibility? No. You are lying." 

"Either you are lying or my whole existence will turn into a myth. There is no middle path that I will accept."

Jungkook lay on the floor, beside the door, lost blurry eyes not even recognizing the ceiling of his chamber. His hairpen slipped away, making his hairs a mess beneath his head," And if you are telling the truth, if anyhow I will turn out to be your past mate. I will surrender myself to you…"

"Jungkookie," His wolf whimpered, sharing the pain of his human.

"You are not him. You are my human. Other than this identity, you have none. I have been with you since the start of your life, I have never experienced hallucinations or illusions of the past. If we had seen the Alpha before, my memory would have shown me. " 

It was the moment when Jungkook started to get terrified of his own soul," What if you weren't my wolf in my past life? What if we hadn't shared our souls at all." 

Thoughts like these start suffocating Jungkook and the whole ceiling seems to be rolling in elliptical circles. The wolf went silent after that, a mere partition from his human left him speechless. Jungkook's heart bloomed in pain and he realised his words wounded his wolf. 

"It's just the face. I can.. I can change it, right?" Jungkook rushed to sit up and his head moved back in pain. He fought with the throbbing headache and tumbled to the large mirror which was placed in the left side of his chamber.

His reflection comes into view, showing Jungkook his essence filled with dirt and dust. His chin was deliberately covered with black liquid from the webs, his lips looked bitten and eyes showing fear of seeing his reflection in the mirror.

His mind brought back the image of Eun Hwan, the same that he had witnessed in that old library. Suddenly the image was on the mirror, staring back at him with dark eyes and Jungkook started to match their body bit by bit.