Chapter 53

There are so many warnings in this chapter so let's go through them one by one.
1) Grab a pillow to punch, scream and eat.
2) A glass of water to drink and drown your nose into.
3) You will sleepy in the middle because the chapter is long so sleep.
4) Read it slowly or you will miss the details, hints and facts. Many things got disclosed and many will reveal later.

The noises of soldiers' feet were loud against the ground as all of them were patrolling across the southern border of the Eclipse. Some countable omegas were roaming around the hut once in a while to check on Luna if he had woken up or not.

The hut was empty except for a solitude sleeping under two combined thick blankets. Jungkook's body was huddled into the corner, his arms were hugging the plush blankets, deep in slumber.

The Alpha had woken up way before the others, after the conversations of the night, none of them spoke to each other and that divine silence led them into a peaceful sleep. Taehyung talked to the soldiers before leaving the southern territory to visit the neighborhood pack in the morning.

Jungkook's nose twitched when a bunch of hair fell over his lips. It tickled weirdly, sending a frizzy sensation to his nose and then.

Sneeze.

His whole body jerked into the blankets as he moved from one side to another on the futon. 

During taking the turn, he bends his legs to snuggle into the blankets deeper and that's when pain strikes. His sleeping body arose in attention, hands already clutching thighs as a whimper left his inflated lips. 

His eyes were crinkled shut in pain, and lips were blowing puffs of air on the wound innocently, despite knowing very well that the air won't reach the legs which were curled up under the fort of blankets.

Jungkook opened his eyes and removed all the blankets to one side. He lifted his skirt and unfolded the towels to see the condition of his wounds, a gushed breath of relief passed from his lips as he sighed in serenity. 

The blood over the wounds was clotted now but his skin has turned blue around the wounds leaving deep pain in his muscles. 

Jungkook looked around the hut to find new towels to change the bandage when he saw a bowl of herbal medicine placed right at the end of his mattress. A pair of new hanfu was set beside it, along with a pair of new socks, a jar of water, new towels, threads, and some fruits.

He moved slowly toward the end of the mattress and sniffed the medicine. It was freshly pestled, he applied the paste over the three wounds before carefully wrapping it with clean towels. He used the threads to tie the towels in one place and fasten quick knots one by one.

With the help of his hands on the floor, Jungkook stood on his legs. He looked around the empty hut and suddenly his Alpha's absence dawned upon him. 

He looked at the abandoned futon on the floor, it was still wafting off their mixed scents. Maybe that's why he couldn't realize the absence of his Alpha because the richness of sandalwood was hovering over each fiber of the hut.

Was it intentional?

Jungkook thought before he took the new hanfu in his arms and went to the corner of the hut to change his clothes. It was nothing much, a simple cotton white hanfu that fell around Jungkook's curves loose and comfortable.

He peeled off the night clothes from his body and placed them onto the heap of other used clothes. He went for the wide pants first, wearing them carefully so that they wouldn't touch the towels around his thighs. After securing the pants around his lower waist, Jungkook wore the upper blouse and tucked its bottom inside the wide pants. Next comes the small robe with wide lapels around the arms, he wore it slowly and smoothened its creases. Lastly, he picked up the long white skirt and tied it right across the bottom of the robe.