Why are you at the borders? I wondered.

Phoenix's shoulders rose as he inhaled, before he finally faced me. His hands rubbed together before falling into fists at his sides. My wolf grumbled, falling onto our hind legs as we faced him.

"Why are you at the border?" He asked.

I narrowed my eyes. I asked first.

Phoenix smirked. "I like to check them whilst most of the pack are distracted. Anything could happen."

My eyes wondered beyond the trees, staring at the shrouded ground with a guarded gaze.

"Now, what are you doing here?" He questioned. "You are supposed to be training weights today."

My teeth chittered. I had to get out of there.

"Are you unwell?" His eyebrows creased as he scanned my wolf. "You appear fine."

Shaking my head, I hesitated before speaking. Your mate...

"What did Nova do?" He chuckled.

I growled at him, shaking my head to diffuse any tension. She said something that I cannot shake from my mind.

"Oh, yeah?"

He seemed genuinely interest now, leaning against a tree. His strange coloured eyes wandered, taking in our surroundings.

"What did she scare into you?"

She didn't scare me. I snapped. She just said something that made me worry.

"It must've been bad to make you leave training so suddenly. Is your wolf okay?" He frowned before realisation dawned on him when I growled. "It is your mate."

How did you guess? I rolled my eyes.

"Did Nova finally tell you about her vision?" He wondered.

She mentioned it. I muttered. Not all of it. She was extra grouchy yesterday.

"Yeah, Freddy isn't well." He frowned, eyes softening. "We had a rough night."

Is he okay?

"Yeah, just an upset stomach." He mumbled. "He was better today, but Sunday was a write off."

Poor kid.

I hated it when I had a tummy ache. But mine was usually from consuming way too much chocolate on a Saturday night.

Today is better? I wondered.

"Enough for me to feel only slightly guilty for working." He muttered. "Anyway, your wolf, he is upset?"

We both are. I stated, my wolf growling. I can't get the image of my mate injured out of my head.

"Nova's visions are fickle. We have the power to change the future, or we might be shaping it at this very moment." He shrugged. "That vision had been confusing to her, but she kept out some details. It terrified her, and it was fast in the present time."

They are getting stronger. I stated. Has she spoken to Aldren?

"She hasn't had a vision in a while." He mumbled. "I have spoken with Aldren, but he is... preoccupied."

My eyes narrowed. Enough that he cannot help?

"I did not use a sense of urgency." He shook his head. "I merely wanted to ask him some questions and suggested in person would be better."

What about Gaia?

Phoenix tensed, his jaw tightening. "What about her?"

Can she not help with advice? I wondered. She is a witch.