Chapter 34 - I'm Thinking About You

The night in the narrow alley was exceptionally dim.

The butterfly that flew out from the youth's fingertips was light and clear, as if breaking through the thick night and tearing apart all the filth.

The hoodlums, who had been lingering in the dark, always had the most acute perception of danger.

The beer bottle, which had half-melted in an instant, suddenly became scalding hot, frightening the hoodlum. He quickly let go, and with a clatter, the bottle smashed on the ground, shattering into fine glass shards.

"Ah!!" The hoodlums who were about to surround them were also scared out of their wits.

They had never seen such a bizarre scene before! Clearly, the white butterfly was so beautiful, but after melting the toughest glass bottle, it turned into the most terrifying thing in the world.

All the evil thoughts that arose from drinking disappeared completely.

"What... what is this thing?" The hoodlum released Jian Shu's hand and involuntarily stepped back.

The white, mysterious butterfly did not pursue the retreating man.

It fluttered beside the youth, gently and affectionately brushing against his skin.

Like an obedient child.

Jian Shu was also stunned.

He knew the butterfly came from Pei Ce, from the Yucheng's divine spirit. Yet, now it appeared outside Yucheng, in the city where he lived.

Had it sensed his danger and come for him?

"Pei... Ce?" Jian Shu was somewhat incredulous but filled with joy and excitement. He reached out, touching the white butterfly that approached him, looking around in anticipation. He hoped that in the next moment, he could see a familiar glimmer from some dark corner.

The butterfly stopped on his fingertip, gently fluttering its wings as Jian Shu walked.

The small group of hoodlums standing aside was scared away by Jian Shu's actions.

The frail, beautiful, lamb-like prey suddenly turned into a hunter. They had no doubt that if the white butterfly had touched their hands instead of the bottle, it would have melted their flesh and blood.

This extreme and eerie horror made the gang of hoodlums unable to be arrogant anymore.

They feared Jian Shu, feared that he would retaliate against them, but even more, they feared staying there. So, like a swarm of bees, they scattered in all directions, shouting in panic as they ran.

Jian Shu didn't chase any of them.

Or rather, he didn't even consider those people. He just repeatedly scanned every inch of his surroundings.

He wanted to see Pei Ce too badly. Even if he deceived himself into not thinking about him, as long as something related to Pei Ce appeared, his heart would throb, beating crazily, wanting to see the person in his heart.

But there was nothing.

No glimmer, no Pei Ce.

The joy in Jian Shu's heart was slowly replaced by disappointment.

He lowered his head, looking at the white butterfly perched on his fingertip, his eyes filled with incomprehension.

"If... if it's not Pei Ce." Jian Shu moved his finger slightly. "Then where did you come from?"

The butterfly couldn't speak.

It just quietly stayed on Jian Shu's fingertip, fluttering its wings gently.