Chapter 7 - Sleep Together

The rain fell heavily on Jian Shu's body.

Blood spilled from his cheek and neck wounds and blended into the dirt along with the rain.

Behind him came one scream after another, seemingly the voice of the man who opened the door just now. It was also faintly mixed with Uncle Chu's voice, but Jian Shu didn't even dare to turn around to look, out for fear of being caught by those people.

With his hands tied, he didn't run well. He tripped when he crossed the steps, and with no hands to hold on to, he grunted and rolled down again.

"Ugh!" His elbows and knees hurt. Gritting his teeth, Jian Shu got up from the floor and rushed into the room in three or two steps, pressing his back hard against the door.

After resisting for two seconds, he remembered that he was now tied up without the slightest bit of fighting power. He crossed to the table in three or two steps to overturn the food box and break the plate, then following the example of what was played in the TV series, he fumbled with both hands to pick up a piece of broken porcelain and ran back to the door, and while using his back against the door, he tried to cut the rope off with the broken piece of porcelain.

His heart was almost beating out of his chest. If he hadn't still had the cloth ball in his mouth, he suspected he would have bitten his tongue out of nervousness.

The surroundings were suddenly quiet.

The chaotic, noisy sounds of people gradually subsided, and there were no footsteps outside the house that he imagined were coming after him. In the entire interior, Jian Shu could only hear the sound of his own heart and the continuous sound of the wind and rain outside the window.

Surprisingly, they did not chase in.

Jian Shu leaned against the door and kept gasping for air, his fingers pinched and mechanically grinded the broken porcelain piece. The brain that had gone down due to fear gradually began to rotate, rapidly flashing bits and pieces of what had just happened.

Sharp blades, suppression, injury ...... He had nearly died, died under Uncle Chu's hand, and had his throat cut across.

The spot in his throat stung, and his cheeks burned, but he couldn't care about the pain for the moment, his ear pressed against the door to listen for movement outside.

There really was no one coming after him.

Jian Shu didn't have the joy of surviving the disaster but instead had a lot of worry in his heart. He just now, somehow, even chose to run to the dead end. The inner mansion was not the best escape route. He could have taken advantage of the chaos to run towards the outside. As long as he was lucky and the people behind him chased after him slower, he could have always left Yucheng along the path that he recognized.

But he actually chose the direction that gave him peace of mind at that moment.

The inner mansion clearly had no other doors to enter or exit, there was clearly no extra food, and even if he escaped, he wouldn't even be able to hide for a few days, but he still ran towards here.

Now what was the difference between him and a turtle in a jar?

Jian Shu sighed while listening to the movements outside with his ear pressed to the wall.

Not only did no one come after him, but he also heard the thick sound of the wooden door as it was closed.

Closing the door? Uncle Chu had actually let someone close the inner mansion's door?

Didn't he still want to kill him?

Uncle Chu naturally had no way to answer his question. Jian Shu had been leaning on the doorway listening to the silence outside once more before slowly moving away and hooking the door open with his foot to look out.