Chapter 21 - Coax

Pei Ce's ink-like eyes were filled with Jian Shu.

So much so that when Jian Shu looked up at him and saw himself in the other man's eyes, he couldn't even control the trembling of his voice.

He had been brewing this question for a long time.

He was looking forward to Pei Ce's answer.

Pei Ce smiled and reached out to touch the top of Jian Shu's head, "The night dew was deep, next time don't fall asleep on the table."

The tone of voice with doting seems to be admonishing their playful child sleeping on the table will easily catch a cold, and finally have to be carried back to bed by parents and elders to go to sleep.

The heat on Jian Shu's face slowly faded. He seems to be a little lost, heart full of that tree blossom quietly lost color.

He did not know why he was lost. Obviously, Pei Ce's answer was very frank, but the tone was also very concerned.

After thinking for a long time, he could only come up with, probably, because that answer was from the elder to the younger.

When he was locked out by his adoptive parents and couldn't go home, and slept in the house of Grandpa Li who taught him chess, Grandpa Li also said similar words to him.

But he didn't want Pei Ce to be his elder.

Jian Shu's hand holding that sleeve unconsciously loosened.

Pei Ce felt the disappearing grip on his sleeve and looked at the retracted hand.

"I am indeed hungry." Jian Shu touched his stomach with both hands and crossed out of the room with a smile, "Let's go."

He forced himself to walk in front, and when he took several deep breaths to feel a little better about things, he walked shoulder to shoulder with Pei Ce to eat.

Yesterday, he had eaten a lot of dishes in one go, so he only picked one or two light small dishes and a bowl of congee and ate them in small bites.

After not eating much, he put down his chopsticks.

"I'm full." Jian Shu whispered.

Because of the co-sensing, Pei Ce was able to feel part of Jian Shu's emotions. He realized, his little believer didn't seem too happy.

"Is the food not to your liking?" Pei Ce asked.

"No, it's delicious." Jian Shu smiled and didn't look like he had any bad emotions, "I was a little tired of eating last night, this kind of meal is very much to my liking."

"Want to take a walk?" Pei Ce asked again.

Jian Shu looked at the continuous rain outside the house, and lightly shook his head, "Let's go back."

Pei Ce stood up. His little believer didn't come to grab his sleeve, but simply walked to the doorway to pick up the black umbrella on the shelf and stood in place waiting for him.

The black umbrella was still propped up between the two of them.

It's just that on the way, Jian Shu didn't talk as much, as if he was pretending to have something on his mind.

Pei Ce looked at him, the little believer with his head hung low was the same as the little snail that had shrunk back into its shell, even if he poked and prodded its shell, it wouldn't poke out its cute head anymore.

"I didn't sleep well." When he returned to his residence, Jian Shu greeted him, "I might have to take a nap."

After saying that, he hung his head and wilted back to his room.