Chapter 23 - It's Okay to be Unhappy

Desire?

"I don't understand......" Jian Shu hung his head slightly, looking at his hand that was clasped with Pei Ce's. He could still see the source of the big white net.

The communal sense hasn't disappeared yet, he can still see the source of that big white net.

White things tend to remind people of clean, pure things. For example, sweet sugar, such as white clouds on a sunny day, such as winter snowflakes. Or the white porcelain vase used for flower arrangement when offering to the gods, the white flowers that blossomed alone out of the soil, the white butterfly that hovered above the shrine in the house and saved his life several times.

Another example is Pei Ce.

They are all white, crystal clear.

"The endless ambition of desire can also be a pure color?" Jian Shu murmured.

Pei Ce realized Jian Shu's thoughts and said with a smile, "The blessings are all pure in nature."

Blessing?

Jian Shu looked at those thin and dense threads spreading from Pei Ce's fingertips, like an IV tube that was going to drain his blood, and physically wanted to vomit. He knew that Pei Ce was a god, and his fingertips could not be filled with tubes to suck out his blood, but Jian Shu could not restrain that absurd thought. He could not help but reach out his hand, wanting to pull the entangled silk threads apart.

Amid the fading connection, he seemed to hear a crisp shattering sound.

Then the world in front of him calmed down.

"I... I only ......" Jian Shu retracted his hand in horror. He seemed to have heard that he had broken a thread, and was extremely nervous, "I'm sorry, I seem to have broken one, are you uncomfortable anywhere?"

He couldn't help but look at Pei Ce's face as if trying to discern some of his pain from his expression.

Pei Ce's face did not show any bitter emotion, but a coldness that made Jian Shu somewhat unfamiliar. It was as if he had suddenly changed from the warm winds of spring to drifting snow on the snowy mountains that had remained unchanged for ages.

Jian Shu was a bit anxious: "I really did not mean to, I should not mess with your things–"

Before he finished his words, the hand that he had just withdrawn was held tightly by Pei Ce.

That pair of hands that have always been steady and strong, at the moment was slightly trembling, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Pei, Pei Ce ...... " Jian Shu was a little in pain but did not dare to struggle.

Pei Ce's eyes welled up with emotions that Jian Shu could not understand. There is hatred, there is anger, there is mania and self-deprecation. There is also resentment and wanting to destroy everything.

Numerous emotions intertwined, and he almost lost control.

The moment the thread of blessing snapped, he felt a clear surge of power. He blessed the other party with intelligence beyond ordinary people, and in the process of returning the power, it seemed that his occasionally chaotic thoughts also gained a trace of clarity.

In Pei Ce's limited memory, he only withdrew the blessing twice. The first time was for the purpose of punishment, recovering from Uncle Chu's body the strength beyond normal people, and health without injury and pain.

At that time, he had just awakened, and with the power surging within his body, he did not notice any minor abnormality.

But when the second accident happened, he clearly felt the power surge back.