Chapter 9 - You're in Pain too, Aren't You?

"I'm back." Jian Shu looked at the light under the eaves of the porch and said in a cheerful tone.

He hadn't said these words for a long time, and when he said the word "back", his heart was really touched by the feeling of being "home".

After all, to say the word "come back" to anyone, there must be someone who has waited for him at home.

His mom didn't wait for him, and his foster parents wouldn't wait for him, but he did.

The old house, immersed in a light rain, waited, leaving a light on like it was waiting for a child who had gone out to play.

The warm yellow light kissed the youth's raised face, making the pale little face look a little better.

"I'm back!" He said again, his tone earnest and thankful.

It was as if he had forgotten the hurt in his body and the hunger in his belly at that moment, and his body lightened as he stepped through the door with brisk steps.

Turning on the light in the house, he passed through the beaded curtains and sat down before the shrine.

"I'm particularly lucky today!" Jian Shu rummaged for a lighter from a wooden box on the side and took out three sticks of incense, lighting them while pouring out to the gods, "You know what? On the far right of the inner mansion, there is a small door that has been deserted for a long time, and I found an apricot tree inside!"

"It happened to be the apricot tree's fruiting season, I picked two and ate them, they weren't bad, just slightly sour."

"If I had waited a few more days to eat it and let it grow a bit more, it would have been sweeter."

Saying this, the young man's cheerful voice paused. He inserted three sticks of incense into the incense burner and pulled over the mat to pay his respects.

"Right." When he raised his head again, those beautiful almond eyes smiled to complete a crescent moon, as if he had encountered something very happy, "I had a very good dream this afternoon, and dreamed of someone I wanted to see very, very much."

"I hadn't seen her for so long that I had somewhat forgotten."

"But today I saw it clearly in my dream! The shape of her face ...... is somewhat like mine, her eyes are large, her skin is white, her fingers are slender, and her voice is gentle ...... anyway, a beautiful person!"

"Even if she just casually had her hair pulled back and wore an apron, she'd still look just as pretty."

"But ...... it would look even better if she could wear a pretty dress, right?"

When the young man smiled and spoke, his tone and look were extraordinarily sincere. It was because every word he spoke came from his heart that the god was unable to continue his slumber.

In his limited, waking time. This little guy who had been sent destined for sacrifice was clearly covered in wounds. He couldn't get out, he couldn't escape, and he had passed out from a stomach ache from eating very sour apricots.

There was even a beautiful dream in the young man's mouth, as he cried all over his face, humbly praying for the other to not leave.

The three ghosts that had been scared away earlier finally floated back with courage.

When they pulled on the doorframe to look inside, they just happened to hear Jian Shu's cheerful voice.

"Yoo-hoo, does this kid still report good news?" The fat ghost rubbed his chin and expressed his thoughts, "Miserable, really miserable. That apricot looks all sour, it's really hard to describe it as slightly sour."