Chapter 22 - Cold and Slightly Hot

The child complimented, and seeing Pei Ce beside Jian Shu, his two eyes opened up wide, and curiously came over, "Brother, did you guys just come to Yucheng?"

Jian Shu hadn't reacted to how he actually came to this picture. He was still holding Pei Ce's cold fingers, as if one second he was sitting in the room with him "watching" this lively world, and the next second he was in it.

This seems to be Pei Ce's ability.

It belonged to the ability of the god of Yucheng.

"Yes...... " Jian Shu was stumped for a while before answering the child's question.

It should, sort of, just come. Pei Ce, he didn't know if he had ever come out during the last thousand years of sleeping in the inner mansion, but it was indeed the first time he had set foot in a place where the clansmen of Yucheng lived apart from the anchestral hall.

The child holding the ball revealed a smile that was missing two teeth. Cocking his head, he looked at the two good-looking big brothers and said, "You guys are so good-looking, I would definitely remember if I had ever seen you!"

The sincere eyes and sweet compliments in turn made Jian Shu's face heat up slightly.

So much so that he felt that the child's two missing teeth became adorable.

"Does brother want to play with us?" He sent the ball upwards with both hands, "Brother Xiao Zhou had detention and couldn't come, and there's no one to be the referee."

Jian Shu's face was still burning. He was not too comfortable looking at the children playing with the ball under the veranda. It seemed that there were five of them, two of them were on one side with the child holding the ball, and the other three were standing on the other side.

Seeing the little friend holding the ball for so long without going back, there was an older-looking child who ran all the way over to snatch his companion's ball: "What are you doing, we're going to have dinner later and we don't have time for that!"

The child holding the ball refused to let go. His two arms wrapped around the ball, he tilted his head and continued to look at Jian Shu: "Brother, together!"

Pei Ce let go of Jian Shu's hand.

His palm pressed against Jian Shu's back and gently pushed forward.

Jian Shu was pushed forward two steps, looking back at Pei Ce, his eyes were all smiles as he doted on him.

"They need you." Pei Ce said.

If Pei Ce had said "Go play with them", Jian Shu would have been a bit awkward. However, this sentence "need", completely wiped away all the worries and shame in Jian Shu's heart. It was as if Jian Shu was not being childish and wanted to play, but was reluctantly going to help a few children.

"Um!" Jian Shu nodded vigorously, then cheerfully followed those two kids.

The few kids who lacked a referee surged with great enthusiasm once they heard that Jian Shu was there to help. They consciously divided themselves into groups and played enthusiastically, and if the difference in the score was too large, the party with the lower score could also get a chance to ask the referee for help to win a point.

So after playing, Jian Shu became a king of the children. The few small beans are particularly fond of him, and when it was time to separate at meal time, they all came to hug Jian Shu's thighs, saying that they would let Jian Shu come back to play with them next time.

Jian Shu did not refuse but also did not respond. Just touched their little head, urging them to hurry to eat.

The half-grown children were forgetful. As soon as they heard that there was good food they quickly said goodbye to Jian Shu, and a group of little beans ran away in a breeze.