Chapter 19 - His Tricks

As the fox who was in a position of power, Jian Shu silently watched as the gray-clothed people took his luggage from the courtyard where he used to live.

In fact, he had very few things.

Apart from a few pieces of clothes hanging in the cupboard, there was also the cell phone he was holding in his hand. The man came back very quickly, carrying Jian Shu's somewhat white and balled-up backpack in his hand. He didn't stop but led the way for the god in a modest manner.

The residence that had been temporarily packed up for the gods was located in the vicinity of Ming Wei Hall. It could be seen that in the course of their walk, the people in the ancestral hall had worked very hard to clean the courtyard again. The undried water stains on the tables and chairs could still be seen vaguely.

This was an exquisite courtyard, much more elaborate than where Jian Shu had lived before. Entering the door, you can see the exquisite layout of the lotus pond and rockery, the three houses in the north are surrounded by bamboo. The largest room, because it was too temporary to build a new shrine, the only thing to do was to prepare the table first. Before entering the house, he saw a wide array of tributes on the table and several burning incense burners.

It was obviously a very thoughtful arrangement, but Jian Shu felt very uncomfortable.

He felt that the people of Yucheng ancestral hall were treating Pei Ce in a very strange manner.

If they didn't fear the gods, then why did Uncle Chu repeatedly mention the gods' preferences when he first came to Yucheng, telling him not to overstep his bounds?

But if they said they feared the gods, why was there no inscription in the shrine of the inner house, Pei Ce's tablet was hidden behind the shrine, and even the inner house was left unattended for years, with flowers and grasses growing unchecked, and even in the crevices of the roof tiles, so much weeds and moss were growing?

Not to mention that Yucheng's table of offerings was cold and empty, with dust falling everywhere, and it was only on the day that Jian Shu went in that he found the tools to clean it out.

It's as if the so-called "respect" was feigned.

It was more like "fear".

"Divine Lord, may I ask his things......" The gray man lowered his head, and seemed to be thinking about what wording was more appropriate, "to be placed in which room?"

Pei Ce did not decide for Jian Shu. He looked at Jian Shu and asked for his opinion.

Jian Shu went forward and took his backpack. The layout of this compound was somewhat similar to the inner mansion, and he was also used to living on the left side, and quickly made his choice: "The one on the left."

The gray-clothed man's movements were very nimble, and within ten minutes after Jian Shu chose his room, he brought in washing equipment and a change of several sets of clothes.

Given that the night was already very late, it wasn't too good for Jian Shu to stay longer in the place where Pei Ce lived. He placed the tablet that he had been holding all night on the offering table that the gray-clothed people had prepared, then whispered, "Then, I'll go back to my room first."

"Good night." He waved his hand.

Pei Ce smiled and said, "Sweet dreams."

When they arrived at the new room, the interior furnishings weren't too far off from the one they had stayed in before, except that it looked like it had been more carefully taken care of, and the wooden furniture was well preserved.

Jian Shu hung his clothes from his backpack and a few sets of white clothes that had been sent over into the closet. Since none of the clothes he brought himself were too thick, he still planned to wear Yucheng's clothes first.