Chapter 13 - He is a God

Jian Shu's ability to adapt was very strong.

He was able to quickly adapt to burning incense and chanting sutras for seven days in a row in Yucheng. He was able to adapt to the lack of phones in the inner mansion, and naturally, he was able to adapt to the fact that a ghost had appeared beside him after a short period of fear.

What's more, this ghost wasn't annoying.

Pei Ce ran off somewhere most of the time, and when he occasionally appeared, it was peaceful and quiet. He was a little bit different from the appearance he saw in the dream – the difference here was not in terms of looks but in terms of the feeling he brought to people.

The bloodstained severity in those eyes had been polished by the long years and turned into a calm lake. Every time Jian Shu looked into his eyes, it was as if he saw the vicissitudes of the world in his eyes.

And he, both before and now, looked at the earth quietly like this.

"Pei Ce." Jian Shu would call out to him like this when he wanted to find him, "Pei Ce, Pei Ce, where are you ah?"

It wouldn't take long, perhaps under the long corridor in the light rain, perhaps in front of the curling smoke of the shrine, that white figure would leisurely appear, silently looking at him.

Jian Shu sat on the threshold after calling out to him and saw Pei Ce walk over through the long corridor, his long sleeves radiating glittering light.

He's good-looking.

So good that Jian Shu would forget that he was a ghost.

Jian Shu subconsciously reached out to tug on his sleeve but tugged on a ball of air.

Fingers clasped awkwardly in the air, Jian Shu silently withdrew his hand and asked, "Where did you just go?"

Pei Ce, who hadn't yet condensed into a solid body and needed to return to the ground from time to time to sink into sleep, "Sleeping."

"You also need to sleep?" Like opening the door to a new world, Jian Shu curiously asked, "Then, the last time I slept and dreamt that I saw you, was it because you were also sleeping?"

No.

That was the evil spirit's emotions infesting the young man's dreams, and that's why he saw him in his dreams.

But, all this was too much trouble to explain. Even he himself couldn't tell what his existence was, so how was he going to explain it to Jian Shu?

So, he nodded gently as a default.

Jian Shu propped both hands on his chin and tilted his head to look at him, "When you guys sleep, do you also dream?"

Pei Ce nodded at first, then shook his head.

"Can't see clearly." He didn't know if that was called dreaming or not. It's just that every time he returned to that dark world, along with the constant flow of power coming at him, there would be some broken, not-so-good images.

Maybe the real thing happened to him, or maybe it was witnessing those from the long years. Anyway, not something worth remembering.

"Can't see it? Then there is?" Jian Shu was suddenly interested.

Admittedly, he didn't have to gossip, but, idleness was idleness, and it was good to have a ghost to keep him company.

"What did you see?"

"A man or a woman?"

"Is it someone you used to like?"

At the end of the question, Jian Shu felt that the other party would be annoyed with him.