Chapter 8 - Wait for Him to Come Home

The absurd and thrilling day had drained all of Jian Shu's energy, and he fell asleep almost as soon as his head touched the cushion.

The quilt that was placed here was the same quilt that Jian Shu used to carry over when he often came to read books and found the cushion uncomfortable. Said quilt, in fact, was a slightly larger blanket. It did not feel small in the afternoon when he sat and read on his lap, but at night when it was cold, the thin young man had to curl up into a ball before he could barely warm up a bit.

The figure in the fog watched the sleeping form of the teenager silently.

From his injured cheek, the bloodstain on his neck, the bruises on his elbows and knees from the fall, and finally back to that pretty little face.

Probably because of his lack of security, he liked to sleep with the covers over his mouth and nose. Occasionally, when he felt he couldn't breathe, he would subconsciously reveal his straight and beautiful nose.

Like a small hamster that had shrunk into the wood shavings bedding after being frightened.

The shrine that stood in the darkness silently watched the huddled youth.

Obviously, the other party was an uninvited guest, but the solemn and mysterious shrine was more indulgent to the youngster because of a certain awakened god.

Jian Shu slept peacefully at the shrine that settled his heart.

He was awakened by hunger.

Yesterday, he did not get food, ran all the way, was imprisoned for a while, and was dragged to the front of the inner mansion where he was nearly killed and escaped ...... In his shock and fear, he had forgotten that he had not eaten for a whole day.

"So hungry ......" He touched his belly.

His stomach grumbled in protest, and Jian Shu's newly awakened head cleared up a bit. He thought of the two pastries that were left over after breaking the plate and dropping it on the floor yesterday.

With a sense of fear of ghosts and monsters, he quickly slipped back to the next room, grabbed the pastries, and then slipped back with great speed.

The speed was so fast that the three ghosts floating around the ancient mansion were astonished.

"It seems like he's recovering well." The fat ghost tsked, "Being young is good, everything is better after a good night's sleep."

Jian – young man – Shu, sat on the mat in front of the shrine and ate up the only two pieces of pastry left.

The young man was quick to get hungry, and just after eating the two pastries, it was as if he hadn't eaten at all, and his stomach was still rumbling.

The unbearable hunger made him look towards the offering table.

A few days ago, when food was still plentiful. He had selected a plate of exquisite pastries and a plate of perfectly shaped fruits to offer to the gods. It had been raining in Yucheng, and the temperature was relatively low. The tribute placed on top was intact and still faintly fragrant.

Hungry instincts made him want to reach out.

But reason told him that this was food offered to the gods.

The gods had blessed him twice, there was always no reason to give something away and then take it back.

After agonizing for a while, Jian Shu left the shrine without seeing or hearing anything and looked for the faucet to drink a bellyful of tap water.

No, the inner mansion without food was not a place to stay for long, he had to think of a way to get out.

While keeping his ears open, Jian Shu lightly walked in the direction of the front door. It was quiet outside, like there was no one at all. However, when Jian Shu quietly moved over and looked out through the doorway, he could see several people dressed in gray.