Chapter 12 - His Curiosity

Yucheng Clan Ancestral Hall.

Uncle Chu, who had been recuperating for a few days, was already looking much better.

Although Ah Qing, who was running errands for him, hadn't yet invited the person back, he had already passed a temporary method to Uncle Chu through a message first.

It was just that he still needed to confirm one more thing.

"Call Ah Wu over." He said to Ah Qi, who was guarding the room and waiting.

Ah Qi hurriedly nodded and left. It wasn't long before he brought over a burly young man.

"Uncle Chu, the person has been brought."

Uncle Chu raised his eyes and swept a glance at Ah Qi. After spending a long time by Ah Qing's side, Ah Qi also understood the meaning of Uncle Chu's every eye movement, and very knowingly retreated, closing the door for the two of them.

The last time Ah Wu followed Uncle Chu to do something, when he pressed Jian Shu onto the formation, he was hit by Jian Shu using his head against his abdomen in pain and loosened his hand. Although the subsequent miracle that made them unable to resist happened, after letting go that day, Ah Wu had never dared to face Uncle Chu directly.

"Uncle Chu, are you looking for me ...... for something?" Ah Wu asked, carefully glancing at Uncle Chu's right arm.

Uncle Chu did not cover his damaged right arm. Because he had to change the medicine from time to time, the right sleeve was cut off a section so as not to dirty the gauze at the wound.

Ah Wu was even more afraid in his heart.

"As I recall, you were the one who brought the men to patrol in front of the inner mansion." Uncle Chu looked at Ah Wu, his face didn't carry any emotions, as if he didn't blame him for his last misstep.

Ah Wu hurriedly nodded, "Yes! My brothers and I are guarding the entrance twenty-four hours a day. He definitely won't be able to run away, and he will starve to death inside in a few days!"

Uncle Chu swept a glance at him, those cloudy eyes filled with an intimidation that Ah Wu couldn't resist.

"Tonight, you take the people in and bring him back alive."

Ah Wu didn't quite understand.

"That kid made such a big commotion and killed one of my brothers! Uncle Chu, don't you want to kill him, why do you need to catch him alive and bring him back?"

Uncle Chu looked at the tall man, Ah Wu, as if he was looking at a piece of trash, and spoke without the slightest bit of mercy, "You want to let Jian Lin starve to death in the inner mansion? Then, the twelfth son loses his usefulness, and you'll go looking for the thirteenth to come back?"

The blood and flesh offerings that were sacrificed to the gods were screened through layers and layers.

For the clansmen in Yucheng, a clan member would be chosen every year to come and serve the gods for three years. This was a rule laid out in plain sight, a rule that must be kept by every clan member who received assistance from the clan's living.

And the selection of the twelve sons was hidden under this rule. Every five years, one of the most suitable was selected and sacrificed to the soon-to-be-awakened gods.

Ah Wu knew he had said the wrong thing.

It had taken the clan five years to find Jian Lin, the most suitable blood and flesh offering. In the current situation, it was impossible to give up the chance to gather the twelve sons and start the cycle all over again.