Chapter 27 - Put You in My Future

Amidst the crowd of people with endless desires, the god bathed in a dim light picked up a black umbrella and walked slowly toward the young man who had fallen to the ground.

The torrential rain in the sky became obedient at this moment, and only the thin raindrops fell softly like mist on people's hair and faces.

The god opened the umbrella, tilted it, and extended a hand to the boy.

It blocked the wind and rain on the way.

Jian Shu fell and rolled on the ground, his body was wet. He stretched out his hand to hold Pei Ce back but saw the dirt on his palm and timidly tried to withdraw it.

The timid hand was pulled by the pale big hand, and then gently held in the palm of his hand.

When those whose hearts were agitated with desire saw what was happening before them, they remembered with hindsight that they had just been so distressed by the god's favorable treatment of Jian Lin, and all of them suppressed their agitation, folded their hands on the wet ground, and placed their foreheads firmly against the backs of their hands.

They looked like they obeyed the Lord God's orders without any complaint or remorse.

Pei Ce did not look at them.

"Disperse," he said calmly.

The boulders in the hearts of the people fell with a clang, and after bowing respectfully, they dispersed one after another.

In just a moment, the bustling courtyard once again regained its usual calmness.

Pei Ce held the umbrella, walked back with Jian Shu side by side, and asked softly, "Are you hurt anywhere?

Jian Shu shook his head, "No. They only pushed and shoved me a few times! The painting you gave me protected me, they didn't do anything to me!"

At this point, his dirty hand held by Pei Ce could not help but move twice, as if he wanted to pull it out.

"It's just that it's a bit cold...... and I want to change my clothes." His hand was so dirty, it would make Pei Ce dirty too.

The two of them stepped back under the dry porch.

Feeling that the restless hand kept trying to escape, Pei Ce also chose to respect the young man's wish and loosened his hand.

"Don't catch a cold. Come to me when you're done."

Jian Shu hid his hand behind his back and wiped it: "Uh-huh!

Because he wanted to see Pei Ce soon, Jian Shu quickly finished his bath, changed into clean clothes, and went next door.

"The rain in Yucheng is really too much." Jian Shu's hair was still not completely dry and was still a little cold from the wind. He quickly stepped through the door, "I must find a place with lots of sunshine to live in the future, that way I can still see the clouds and the moon. Since I came to Yucheng, I haven't been able to see any of these things......".

He was in the middle of complaining when he suddenly remembered that Pei Ce had once said that he could not leave Yucheng for the time being. It seemed a bit inappropriate for him to say that he wanted to go live in the outside world.

"I don't have any other meaning......" Jian Shu touched his half-dried hair and coughed lightly, "Actually, rainy days are quite good, flowers and trees are clean and beautiful!"

Pei Ce didn't care about this. He picked up a dry towel from the tray on the tea table and handed it to Jian Shu, asking with a smile, "What is your favorite place to live?