Chapter 32 - There is No Electricity Left

Tonight, Jian Shu couldn't fall asleep for a long time, tossing and turning in bed like a pancake. As a result, when he woke up the next day, his eyes were surrounded by dark circles, accompanied by some ringing in his ears.

Emotionally overwhelmed by the bold, rude, and impulsive confession from the previous night, Jian Shu woke up feeling more timid today. Reflecting on his abrupt confession from last night, he felt a bit uneasy, embarrassed, and hesitant to face Pei Ce.

In this situation, how should he say goodbye to Pei Ce? Should he act as if nothing had happened, bid a casual farewell, or should he struggle a bit more to see if he could stay?

He quietly pushed open a part of the door to look outside, only to see Ah Qi standing under the eaves.

"You're awake." Ah Qi seemed to have been waiting for a while and immediately bowed respectfully when he heard movement.

Jian Shu was not used to this sincere respect. He slowly opened the door and walked out, glancing at the room next door.

"The chief god instructed that after you wake up, I should take you to breakfast first." Ah Qi, now dressed in regular clothes that didn't stand out in the outside world, seemed ready to leave at any moment. Seeing that Jian Shu didn't look well, he added considerately, "I've prepared motion sickness pills. If you get motion sickness, you can take them an hour in advance."

Jian Shu stood still and did not move.

The door to the next room was closed, and it seemed like Pei Ce had no intention of coming out to see him off.

"When did the Lord God instruct you?" Jian Shu asked.

Ah Qi hesitated for a moment and then answered, "This morning."

Jian Shu bit his lower lip lightly.

Pei Ce had time to instruct Ah Qi to take him to breakfast, but no time to come and see him off.

A sour feeling started to rise in his heart.

Feeling a bit angry and more aggrieved, Jian Shu wished he could just leave without turning back, regardless of whether Pei Ce came to see him off or not.

However, the thought of not having the chance to meet Pei Ce again after leaving Yucheng made Jian Shu feel reluctant.

The sense of unfairness, uneasiness, embarrassment, and the fear of facing Pei Ce all added up but couldn't outweigh the weight of the phrase "reluctance."

The heavy attachment in his heart tied his hands and feet, making him unable to move an inch.

After a while, he sighed and, summoning courage, walked slowly to Pei Ce's room, knocking on the door.

"I'll be leaving... in a while," Jian Shu said softly.

He knew Pei Ce could hear everything within Yucheng, so even if he spoke softly, Pei Ce could hear him.

No sound came from inside the door.

Just like the night before when he abruptly entered, silent without any response.

Jian Shu gathered courage again and knocked, silently praying. If Pei Ce opened the door, if he could see him one more time, he would control his emotions and not cry. He just wanted to thank Pei Ce in person for taking care of him during this time and bid him a proper farewell.

There was still no response from inside the room.

The hand that had been raised in midair was eventually withdrawn.

Jian Shu didn't knock on the door again. He lowered his head, covering the sadness in his eyes, and obediently followed Ah Qi to have breakfast.

He finally understood the meaning of "eating without tasting."