Chapter 24 - I Love It

Outside the window, the rain was pouring.

The bamboo branches swayed and printed on the window paper, casting dark shadows.

It was a pale, lifeless face with no sadness or joy, not very different from what Jian Shu had seen in the past. There was no smile, no shimmering light of being a god, it was more like the face of another person that he had just met in that dream world.

But there was a softness in the muted words that made Jian Shu's heart feel at ease.

It's okay to be unhappy when you come to see him.

But what about him?

Pei Ce, who comforted him, suffered more than the word "unhappy" to summarize the pain.

Jian Shu's heart was sweet for a while, bitter for a while, sour for a while, painful for a while, and finally soft to the point of collapse.

Without any warning, the little believer ran to his god.

With all the warmth of his body, without fear, tightly embraced the cold Pei Ce who stood in the darkness.

"Pei Ce......" Jian Shu shouted his name in a small voice, the tears that had just been suppressed once again lost control when they were buried in Pei Ce's chest, and his two hands were tightly embraced around his waist.

Nearly fifteen hundred years of long years ah!

He didn't know why he existed, he didn't know why he died, he didn't know why he was in the ancestral shrine of Jian's family with the surname of Pei. He didn't know who hid him here, and he even forgot even a little bit of the things that happened to him when he was alive.

The god who would rejoice at receiving a flower had his tablet hidden behind a shrine in a remote house with no one to worship him.

Despite having suffered a lot, he still has a soft and clear heart.

He was obviously only a person who disturbed his sleep, but Pei Ce was still so good to him.

Jian Shu, who had been treated gently, couldn't control his surging emotions and hugged Pei Ce with both hands as if he wanted to embrace his lonely and pitiful long years.

The cold and snow-colored god was melted.

Pei Ce, who was initially frightened by the little believer's bold action, stiffened all over. He did not dare to move, hesitantly lowered his head, and looked at the head buried in his chest.

The lapel was soon wet with tears.

The hollow chest which still spread the pain felt the warmth of moisture.

Slender and fragile arms tightly embraced him, warm palms pressed against his back.

Only when the person in his arms was crying so much that his heart was in turmoil did he stiffen his hand and gently pat the young man's back.

"Why are you crying?" His voice was still a little cold, with the memory of the painting.

Jian Shu's tear ducts seemed to be out of control, the more he heard Pei Ce's voice, the more his heart ached. He sobbed, his voice broken and slurred, "Just, just, want to cry."

The more he held his hand, the tighter it became.

The ink-colored night was silent to the extreme, he was embracing a flower that blossomed from hell.

His anger, his aggression, his heartache, his inner secret...... all merged into the crying. In the afternoon, he was still worrying whether the silk thread he tore off would have a bad influence on Pei Ce. After waking up from the dream, he was afraid that Pei Ce would disappear, afraid that Pei Ce would be sad.