“We’ll meet in the capital next time. Ah, by the way.”

As he was about to leave unhappily, something seemed to cross Marquis Guiness’s mind. He pulled one of his attendants forward.

“I have someone to introduce to you.”

The person he presented was a young woman of their age.

“Introduce yourself, Dolores.”

“M-My name is Dolores.”

The somewhat subdued woman introduced herself.

“She’s my wife.”

At Marquis Guiness’s introduction, Lennox frowned.

It was well-known that all of Marquis Guiness’s previous wives had died under mysterious circumstances.

Aside from his adopted son, the Marquis had no other children.

However, in the conservative South, no one commented on this. After all, Marquis Guiness was one of the great nobles, and in the South, multiple marriages weren’t considered a flaw.

Then, at that moment, Juliet tugged at Lennox’s arm and stumbled a little.

Reacting swiftly, Lennox pulled her close so that no one could see her expression.

“I must excuse us, Marquis.”

Lennox kissed Juliet’s forehead and smiled casually.

“As you can see, we’re in a bit of a hurry.”

“…Of course.”

* * *

Though Marquis Guiness’s displeased gaze followed them, Lennox quickly led Juliet away from there.

Until they got into the carriage, Juliet seemed lost in thought.

“Juliet.”

“Ah?”

Suddenly awakened, Juliet looked up.

“I’m sorry. I was lost in thought.”

Lennox knew that when Juliet got that look, it was best to let her be.

He quietly covered her with a blanket.

“Let’s head home.”

“Yes.”

Juliet was lost in thought even after the carriage departed.

Her fingertips fiddled with the soft blanket.

‘There’s no way…’

Juliet had a personal grudge against Marquis Guiness. For a short period, she remembered living as the Marquis’s eighth wife in her previous life.

In her past life, Juliet remembered how cruelly Marquis Guiness had beaten her.

However, what startled Juliet was the existence of Dolores.

Juliet, who had left with the Duke to the North 7 years ago, had hoped that her position wouldn’t be replaced by anyone else once she was gone.

And in this life, Marquis Guiness had never had an eighth wife, at least as far as she knew.

Then where did this woman, Dolores, come from?

‘I thought it would be okay.’

Juliet had thought she would be fine facing Marquis Guiness again. And she was, until she saw a young woman who looked as young and downtrodden as her past self, which vividly revived her painful memories from the distant past.