As thoughts of my mate fill my head I start to thrust my fingers even faster as I basically suffocate myself with one of his shirts.

I want Jack. I need him.

Then there's a loud crash, and suddenly, he's here. I can sense his presence and smell his scent, even though I know he's not in my closet.

I reopen my eyes and twist till I'm facing the door as I'm curled in my nest thingy. I can hear Jack's snarls and other loud crashes as he searches for me as well as another voice saying something. Probably telling him to calm down or something.

I was delighted to have my mate so close, but the other voice has me on alert.

I curl inward and let out a low growl. The sounds behind the closed door stop, but only for a second before hurried steps are coming toward me.

Light shines in from the open windows when the door opens, but it's soon blocked by two figures in the doorway.

The scent of my mate has me dizzy as another fresh wace of heat hits me, but I'm also distracted by the strange scent accompanying it. Another wolf is with my mate, and the thought has me burning with jealousy and rage as I let out another growl. This time it's lower, a warning to not get too close.

A growl answers mine, and I recognize the sound of my mate and quiet immediately. The next sound that escapes me is instead a whine.

When he hears this, my mate finally comes over to my side.

His scent wraps around me as he releases it into the air and my arms move to grab him. He falls willingly into my grasp and also into my nest of his clothes along side me.

I cuddle into his side as a low purr starts in my chest. I can feel Jack's arms wrap around me and tug me closer as he moves between me and the door.

He growls and it causes my head to snaps up just in time to see the other wolf stop where he is. He moved from the door into the closet without my notice and is now only a few feet away.

I don't like this, and I show my disapproval as I snarl at the foreign intruder and bare my fangs.

Jack holds me closer and growls again when the other wolf takes another step forward. I can hear him mumble some stuff, but I can't understand in my current frame of mind. It all just ends up sounding like jibberish.

Jack's chest rumbles, and I can assume he's replying to the other wolf. Their voices suddenly raise a pitch and the wolf takes another step forward, so he is only a distance away.

Jack and I both snarl, but the wolf's voice only becomes more insistent.

Jack lets out a low growl, but this one has some of his dominant power leaking out with it.

The blinding heat consumes my body again and my mate's scent tinged with the new dominance has me aching for him to fill me once more.

I let out a whine as I wriggle in his grip, trying to turn over to present myself to him properly.

He keeps his tight grip on me and I struggle miserably in his grasp. Why won't he let me move? Does he not want me to present?

The thought fills me with sadness and my whine turns pitiful as I settle down.

Jack turns his head to me in concern and I look back up at him, tears lining my vision at both the sudden rejection and the painful heat still wracking my body.

He leans down and give me a quick kiss. Its short, but it has my body and desire rekindling once more for him, and a purr escapes me.

Talk about mood swings.