Chapter 9

Jack's Pov~

I just finished taking an order when Dylan's phone went off. I looked over at him as he turned down the grill's heat and started to untie his apron. All he said was, "Shift change."

Already? I take out my phone which I stuffed into the pocket of my apron and turned it on real quick. It read 12:35, and right as I turned it off the door to the food truck slammed open.

I growled lowly, I wondered why there were dents in the side of the truck. Untying my apron I walked over to the door as two she-wolves from my pack stepped in. They were happily chatting to each other but once they saw me they immediately stopped.

The two of them instantly bowed their heads and stopped talking.

I walked over to the one who came in first and once I was right in front of her I growled, "Is there a reason you felt it was needed to slam the door open?"

She tensed slightly and spoke calmly, "No Alpha."

"Then you will remember not to do it from now on, right? What if one of these day you slam it a little to hard and the side of the truck rips open? Hmmm? What then, cause you would need to come to me to get it repaired. And although we have no issue with money it would be tedious to ask someone to repair it, and I have no time for tedious tasks." I growl out.

She finally flinches and lowers her head further before saying, "I'm sorry sir. It will never happen again."

I just observe her for a bit and then nod, trusting her not to make the same mistake twice. "Good, now if that is all I'm going to take my leave." Hanging my apron up and retrieving my stuff I step out and Dylan follows me, closing the door behind him.

As we walk over to one of the pack's cars a light breeze passes us and ruffles my hair. As I run a hand through it I breath in and my breath hitches. I come to a stop and Shadow immediately comes to the front of my mind.

"What is that?" He growls and I look in the direction it came from.

I frown not seeing anything, until another breeze hits me. I take a deep breath this time and the scent of pine greets me, but there's also another part with it. I couldn't put my finger on it but I will find out eventually.

Shadow growls at me again, "We can drool over a passing wift all we want or find the source and devour it. Your choice but I know which one I want."

I agree with him before calling out to Dylan who was already by the car. He turns his head to look at me before coming over again.

"Here." I say, giving him my suit. "Take this back to the pack house, and tell the others I'll be a little while longer." Dylan just nods his head and takes my clothes before walking back to the car.

I turn back to the area where the scent came from and started walking in that direction. When I got onto the side walk I breathed in again to find the scent a little stale. However I manage to figure out the direction it was heading and followed it from there.

It didn't take long to find the source and I almost stopped when I saw that it was the guy from this morning.

He was just peacefully walking and carring what looks to be a small kennal and another box, one in each hand. I pick up my pace to catch up with him as another breeze flows by. His scent hits me in the face and I almost trip while walking.

Yes, it was definitely pine I smelled eariler, and the underlying was actually sweet, but in an herbal way. However the smell of cat and dog also tickled my senses.

I looked at the small kennal and realized that it was probably for a pet of his, mosty likely the dog. I'm guessing it was still a puppy by the size. I looked at the other box and was able to see a price tag on the side facing me. It said that the box contained a cat tower, and that it was a medium size.

Great. A dog I could probably handle, and a pup at that, but a cat? Hell no.

"Stop being a bitch and go talk to him." Shadow huffs. "If anything we can eat the cat if it gets too annoying."

I frown at that. "I mean......I guess we could but wouldn't that make him hate us?"

"Whatever, if he gets mad then we can just get him another one."

I mentally raise a brow at this, but just shake my head.

Whatever, it's a problem for another time. I steel myself and quicken my pace enough to tap him on the back.

He stiffens and whirled around. He looked shocked to see me but I just smiled at him. I was going to try my damn hardest to impress him, even if I didn't know why.

"Hey, I saw you at the food truck earlier and figured I'd say hi. After all, I haven't seen you in this area before." I extend my hand out for him to shake, "I'm Jack. It's nice to meet you."

The guy stared at me before gently putting down the kennel and taking my hand. A little spark shot up my hand and I smiled as he said in a low voice, "My name is Aiden. It's nice to meet you too."

"Aiden, that's a nice name." Shadow commented and I agreed. "Why don't you let me have a little chat with him for a bit."

"Are you crazy!? We just met, and what if he's h-." However he didn't listen as he pushed forward, trying to take control. I felt my eyes burn a bit as they lit up and I heard words that were not my own leave my mouth.

"Hello, it's nice to make your acquaintance. My name is Shadow." He said as he tightened his grip on Aiden's hand a bit.

Aiden looked shocked but it quickly faded when his eyes began to glow too. I was suprised for a bit but Shadow just smirked, as if he knew this would happen.

Aiden's wolf scowled and tightened his hand on ours before saying. "Nice to meet you as well, my name is Frost."

-----------------------

A new chapter for New Years! Even if it is a but late. I hope everyone has a Happy New Years!

Word count: 1135