Chapter 19

Jack's Pov~

I heaved a heavy sigh as I walked through the pack house doors in nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants.

I walked over to Michael's clinic slowly, parts of my body aching. Good thing none of my pack-mates were around at the moment. I couldn't stand to have them see me like this.

I walked up the steps, and winced when I put a little to much pressure on my right ankle. As I hobbled over to the clinic door I opened it to see Micheal sitting at his desk.

Damien was still in here but peacefully sleeping, and now Denis and Dylan have joined him. Each laying separately on their own beds.

At my entrance Michael looked up. As he saw me his eyes widened but I quickly shushed him before we was able to say anything.

"Come to my room. I don't wanna be here where I can be seen." I said gruffly.

Michael quickly nodded and I left the room, struggling up another flight of stairs before finally making it into my room and slouching on the couch.

It wasn't long before I heard a knock on the door.

"Hurry up Michael, I don't got all damn day." I gritted out, annoyed.

He opened the door and steped in before closing it behind him. His eyes narrowed a little and he raised his brows and he playfully he countered, "Oh but I do."

I just rolled my eyes and sat up straight, wincing at the soreness in my ribs.

Michael saw however and his playful demeanor dropped at once. "Alright, what did you do now. And should I be majorly concerned about the person or wolf who did this too you?"

"No." I said simply.

"But no one has even been able to put a scratch on you for the past 8 years since you became Alpha." Michael insisted, "If there is someone who damaged you this much, then that should be a concerning-"

"I SAID" I snarled, releasing a wave of power and meeting Michael's eyes. "THERE IS NOTHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT!"

My voice and power shook the room and not even Michael could stand that show of power.

He immediately dropped to his knees and bared his neck as far back as it could go. He let out a low pitiful whine and I stood up. Walking over to him I reached out and grabbed his bared neck with my hand as I turned his head to look at me.

His eyes met mine before quickly glancing away.
I leaned down and growled again before saying quietly, "You need to remember where your place is. Yes, you are my friend and I do value your imput, but I am still your Alpha. And I do NOT take it lightly when someone challenges my dominance. Do you understand."

Michael quickly nodded and I released him from my grip. He quickly stood up but avoided looking at me as I went to sit back on my couch.

As I sat down he grabbed his medical bag from where he dropped it and went to kneel in front of me.

I let him examine my cuts and bruises, applying bandages and some random healing salve where he felt it was necessary. However he stopped at a quiet large scratch running down my shoulder.

It was still slightly bleeding as he cleaned it and applied some butterfly strips to help it close fully. It still might leave a scar though.

He was almost done when he finally decided to talk again.

"Jack-" He said before pausing. His use of my name brought fond memories of us as pups to mind, and I grunted slightly, allowing him to talk.

He cleared his throat before continuing, "I know it's not my place to question your authority or power, but you have to understand that I've known you since we were pups. And not once have I seen you this badly injured, so I have to ask." He looked up at me and his eyes were filled with concern as they stared into mine.