Chapter 17

Frost's Pov~

The rest of the run was a blur.

~~~

I wake up in Aiden's apartment and the familiar smell of home soothes me as I rise to my feet.

My body aches heavily as I whine before looking around. I'm in the kitchen and there are spots of blood on floor. Fear grips me again, thinking of Misty and Geralt, but leaves as I take in my appearance. The aches I feel are from cuts and bruises all over my body, some of them are still bleeding but most of them have closed up. My fur is matted with dried blood along with leaves and sticks.

I try to remember what happened but it was no use. I hear a whine coming from the livingroom and I look over to see Misty and Geralt under the couch. They're looking at me with wide scared eyes and guilt runs through me. I probably scared them when I got back.

I try and take a step in their direction but pain shoots through my leg and I collapse again. I let out a low whine as I see Misty wiggle out from under the couch. She tentatively walks forward and sniffs me.

She looks into my eyes before finally coming to curl up beside me, digger her small face into my neck. I look over at Geralt, who also walks over and cuddles into me, blood, leaves and all. A warm feeling washes through me and I give them both a few licks on the head before laying my head back down and sighing in content.

It doesn't last long though before my injuries really start burn. I slowly get up, trying to feel as less pain as possible. Misty and Geralt look up at me and I nuzzle them before walking over to the bathroom.

It take longer than normal, but I manage to get there. I can't tend to any of my wounds properly, and shifting quickens the healing process so I gladly give control back to Aiden.

Aiden's Pov~

Pain ripples through me as I shift back, the process taking at least twice as long.

My bones snap and readjust themselves beneath my skin. Nausea rises in me as I see them move and my skin stretch through blurred vision. My fur sinks back into my skin and my gums ache painfully as my fangs retract.

Tears swin in my eyes and my head goes fuzzy, but it's still a little while longer before the pain finally recedes. I let out a low groan of relief. Excluding my very first shift, it usually only takes a split second for the change to start and finish. However since I was badly wounded in Frost's form, my body wasn't able to do it as fast as normal.

I stand up on shaky legs and take a look in my mirror.

My face still looks mostly fine, but there is one noticeable scratch on it. It was right above my left cheekbone and a little below my eye, reaching from about the middle of my eye to a little past the end of it. It was still bleeding and looked like a small sliver of my skin was missing. I frowned and sighed.

Ugh. It's probably gonna leave a scar. My poor unblemished face finally got marred.

Deciding to leave it for now I take in the rest of my body. My arms are still covered in cuts, but most of them are starting to heal rapidly due to the shift, and only a dark purple bruise or two remained. My legs were better than my arms, only a scratch or two on my thighs and calves. I tried to turn and look at my back but a sharp pain raced through me again. I winced before looking at my side, seeing four long gashes leading to my back. They weren't deep fortunately, but were pretty long.

Holy shit. What the fuck did I do?

I sighed again and shook my head, a light headache starting up.

Walking over to my shower, I turned on the hot water, letting it warm up before stepping inside. I quickly washed myself off, the water turning red as it flowed down into the drain, mixing my old and new blood. I ran a hand through my hair and winced as it got stuck in the tangles. Reaching for my shampoo I dumped quite a bit on my hand before lathering it in my hair.