Chapter 4

Frost's Pov

The oak wolf let out a snort, "Oh? So you've decided to talk now have you?"

"Yeah, and what of it?" I growled back.

"Nothing," he paused for a moment before starting again, "But, who are you?"

"Someone who doesn't like being questioned." I snarled, my power slipping out a bit. "And if that is all then I think I'll be on my way."

As I turned to walk away the oak wolf called out to me one last time. "That's fine with us. Just don't cross our borders again and we won't have a problem."

I let out an empty laugh, "Yeah? And what could you do about it. I'll go wherever I want when I want when I damn please." With those final words I disappear into the forest and out of site.

Someone's Pov~

Once the white alpha was gone Seth looked over to me.

"Should we go after him?"

I think for a moment and then shake my head. "No, just leave him. I don't need anyone else getting injured if he decides to lash out. Just focus on getting those three back home before sunrise." I say, motioning to the twins and Damen.

"Yes sir."

With that handled I turn back toward Milo, who just got done examining the other two. "So, what's the damage?"

He sighs out, "Pretty bad. Along with his right leg, which has been fractures at the shoulder, Damen has been traumatized quite a bit. Miles is severely concussed but that's all. His sister also has a concussion along with some bruising around her throat and her tail is slightly mangled. She might not be able to talk for a little while but she'll recover."

I let out a low growl.

Shit. If he comes back to the pack a mess he's literally gonna kill me.

Frost's Pov~

After running all they way back, I finally stumbled upon Aiden's discarded clothes.

"Hey Aiden. Wake up. I dealt with the wolves and we're back at the spot." I say as I paw the clothes.

"Oh?" He says with a yawn, I'm guessing just waking up. "Alright, what time is it?"

"I don't know exactly, but it's already dawn again."

"Wait........WHAT!" He yells and I flinch at the abrupt sound. "I've been out for a whole damn day!"

"Yeah," I growl out, "while I've been fighing three wolves from a local pack."

This caught his attention, "What? I didn't know there was a pack in these mountains."

"Yeah, caught me by surprise too." I shake my head, trying to get back on track. "Anyhow, let's hurry and shift. I'm tired and would like a nap."

"Yeah, yeah."

With that I shift back and when Aiden gains full control again, I drift off into a peaceful sleep.

Aiden's Pov~

Once I'm done shifting I quickly put my clothes back on, waking up further as the smells of pine cedar and earth waft through the air.

I stretch and manage to pop my back before looking up to the sky. Sure enough, it's almost dawn again just like Frost said.

Walking back over to the fence I open the gate again and peak out. Not seeing any cars at the moment, I run across the road and back to my apartment. Opening the door I step inside and slip off my shoes. Walking over to my bedroom I almost just flop onto the bed but then I remember my disheveled clothes. I take a quick whiff of myself and scrunch up my nose, the smell of the forest lays thick, mixing with the smell of sweat and a little bit of my blood.

Feeling disgusted with myself I walk over to the shower, turning on the hot water I strip and step inside. The hot water feels nice as it slides over my body, and I squirt some shampoo onto my hand before rubbing it into my hair. Scratching my scalp the suds well up and fall onto my shoulders, the scent of lavender filling my senses.

Once I was done, I rinse out my hair and then scrub off my body, the smell of pine blocking out the lavender. Then once I was all clean I turned off the water and stepped out. Wrapping a towel around my waist I head back into my bedroom. Sunlight streams through one of my open windows and I look toward a clock hanging on my wall.

Hmm. It's barely 8:32, the day is just starting.

I walk over to my dresser and pick out a plain black shirt along with some black jeans. Taking the towel I dry my hair and walk back over to the bathroom. Looking at the mirror, my green eyes stare back at me from my tanned face. My slightly curled hair drooping into my eyes and past my ears with the weight of the water. Looking over my face and I see that some stubble is starting to grow along my jaw. Frowning I pick up my razor and do a quick shave, not wanting to look like a ruffian.

When I was finished I ran a hand through my hair, seeing it was finally dry. I grabbed my comb, brushed it out and then styled it to my favored side, making sure to get it out of my eyes.

Giving myself another once over I turn and walk back into my bedroom, turning off the light on my way out. Deciding to go out again, I put on some new socks and a pair of black Vans and grab my phone, wallet, and keys before heading to the door again.

I lock the door as I walk out and start heading downtown. As I get away from my secluded apartment I start to see people littering the sidewalk as I get further into town.

I duck my head, trying not to get any unwanted attention as I weave through the crowd. It was actually pretty crowded for a morning, but then again, it looks like it'll be another nice day. After passing stores one after another something heavenly wafts past my nose, and my stomach growled loud enough to actually turn a few heads.

Grumbling to myself I quickly glance around, trying to pinpoint the smell's origin. My eyes finally land on a food trailer not to far from where I'm standing. I walk over and read "BMP's BBQ" scrawled on the side in big red letters.

I walk up to the open window and take a look at the menu hanging beside it, waiting for the window person and listening to the sizzling sounds of a grill. It doesn't take long until he finally shows up.

I don't bother to glance at him as I continue scouting the menu for something to eat. Out of my peripheral vision I can see him just standing there quietly, waiting for me to order, and even though he's pretty blurry I can tell that he's watching me. I wait for a few more minutes, just to see if he'll eventually lose his patience.

He doesn't though, and deciding I've waisted enough time I finally turn to look at him, and when my green eyes met his blue ones, the world just about stopped.

-----------------------

Hellooooooooo~

It's been a while since I last updated and I apologize for the wait. However my finals and midterms are next week and I've been doing late work like crazy before deadlines for 2nd Quarter.

Luckily, I will be free afterwards and will have more time to write and publish more chapters!

Thank you for your consideration, and I'll talk to y'all later!

Word count: 1281