Chapter 3

Frost's Pov~

As the two siblings stop circling me, the dark one lets out a low laugh.

"Oh, and what makes you think that today will be our last?" He asks as he takes a step forward, head slightly tilting.

I take a step forward as well, hearing one of the siblings let out a warning growl. I ignore it, my focus on the dark one.

"Just by the fact that you stumbled onto me." I say lowly, with menace in my voice. My power leaking out a bit.

The dark wolf falters for a bit before shaking it off. Weariness entering his eyes as he looks behind me to the other two. As if giving a silent signal, the two behind me lunge. One going for my back and the other my leg.

Anticipating it I lunge forward as well. The dark wolf however, not expecting this quickly backed up. Not fast enought though as I feel the fur and muscle of his shoulder beneath my teeth. Sinking them in I hear him give a high pitched yelp before falling over.

Releasing him I quickly turn to face the other two. They snarl at me before charging in again.

Reckless fools.

I swiftly dodged one before turning to the other. Baring my fangs I lunge at him, aiming for his throat. He ducks quickly but I manage to grab onto the back of his neck. Quickly, I slam his head into the grass, making him go limp. I let him go and dodge just in time as the female turns to snap at me.

It was a mistake though, because as she did, she exposed her neck. Not hesitating I bite forward and lock my jaws around her neck, shoving her to the ground. She dosen't bat an eye though as she rolls onto her back. It's a risky move as she exposes her soft underbelly, but she manages to get her paws between us and shoves me away.

I stumble but quickly steady myself. Focusing back on the she-wolf as she gets back up aswell.

We circle each other for a while. I wait patiently, and it pays off when she strikes first. Charging at me, I stand still instead of dodging and face her head on. She ducks, aiming for my legs but I leap over her with no problem. When my paws hit the earth I quickly pivet doing a full 180.

As all my paws land on the ground, I lunge forward and bite her tail. She lets out a small yelp before reaching back and swiping her claws across my eyes.

I growl irritated at the sting of pain. Deciding I've had enough I whip my head to the right, and the she-wolf goes sprawling across the meadow over to the trees. I hear a loud thud and watch as the she-wolf goes limp, probably knocked out by the impact.

I glance at the other sibling and walk over. Sniffing him I can tell he's still alive, but just knocked out like his sister. Deciding to leave him I look over to the darker wolf. The one that got on my nerves.

By now the sky has fully gone dark. The moon, which is almost full, peaks out over the trees. The light from it combined with my night vision is more than enough to help me see perfectly though.

I can see that he is still conscious but watching me and my every move. I turn toward him and growl lowly, power resonating through it. I can tell it affects him by the way he trembles on the ground like a new born pup. The sweet smell of his fear washes over me and I decide that since he not only underestimated me but challenged me, he'll be the one to die today.

I slowly stalk over, head low, eyes focused souly on him. My ears are straight forward and as I bare my fangs at him, I let out the lowest and most menacing growl I'm capable of.

His ears press themselves to his scull and he immediately averts his eyes as my power ripples through the air, most likely suffocating him. As I slowly get closer he starts to whine and let out other pitiful sounds. Then when I'm only about a foot away he rolls onto his side, baring his neck and tucking his tail between his legs. Making himself totally submissive.

I stand over him and he closes his eyes. Opening my jaws I lean the rest of the way down and lock them around his throat. But just as I'm about to sink my teeth in something clashes into my side.

Caught off guard I let go and stumble away. Whipping my head around I see a new wolf standing by the dark one as he attempts to get up. However blood still runs down his leg from the wound I inflicted earlier, crippling him and making him unable to stand.

The new guy was also a dominant dare I say alpha. His fur was the color of oak wood and his eyes a light blue, piercing through the dark. As I steadied myself he snarled and let out some power. It slided over me and I snarled back, furious he interupted.

It was a while before we stopped. When I finally calmed down, I relaxed and laid down not bothering to see him as a threat. Seeing this, he flicked his tail which was a sort of signal because another wolf ran out from the woods and started looking over the darker one. My eyes shot to the newer one and the oak one let out a warning growl.

I ignored it however and kept looking. This one was still male, but smaller looking, almost dainty. It was when I inhaled that I realized he was not only a submissive, but an omega. Judging what he was currently doing along with his status, it was safe to say he was the medic in their pack. I dismissed him aswell with a flick of my tail and looked back to the oak one. He was watching me carefully, and irritaded I growled lowly, baring a fang. The omega paused only a moment before resuming his work and I was quite impressed.

After another minute or two the omega finished his analysis and looked at the oak one. They didn't speak but it wouldn't take a genius to know that they were talking through the pack link. Every once in a while they glanced at me or to the dark chocolate wolf, and I would be a liar if I didn't say I was curious about what they were talking about.

The discussion ended with a huff from the oak wolf and the omega looking rather pleased with himself. The oak wolf gave another flick of his tail and three more wolves emerged from the forest, one running over to the dark chocolate one and the others to the siblings still lying behind me.

I jumped up and snarled as they passed me, not wanting them too close. They stopped in their tracks and glanced at me, weary before looking back at the oak wolf.

They used their weird pack link talk for a bit then they all glanced at me.

Fed up with all of it I growled out, "What?"

———————————————————————
Word Count: 1238