Chapter 14

Aiden's Pov~

"So where are we going to to cause this trouble?" Frost asks.

"How about we go visit that pack again? After all, they were pretty weak and a lot of fun to mess with."

"Oh? And how would you know that, I was the one who beat them up. Also, I thought you didn't want to get on the pack's bad side?"

"I didn't at first, but now I don't really care anymore. They're all weak so we could just force them to leave us alone."

"There he is."

"Huh??

"There's the dickhead I know. The one who couldn't give a flying fuck about another wolf, let alone pack. You've been awfully soft lately and I wondered how long it would take you to snap out of the funk you're in."

"Oh shut up and let's go terrorize someone."

I feel Frost's dark grin as he says, "It would be my pleasure." His tail starting to slowly swish back and forth.

I grin aswell, a flicker of something dark and foul rising before disappearing again.

We head out and cross the road again, shifting for the third time today.

Frost's Pov~

I race through the forest as I feel my anger slowly grow and fester. If you could even call it that. The dark feeling stirring in my belly that rises every once in a while, but never breaks to the surface. However the first and last time it broke free something unspeakable happened. A shiver of dark pleasure shoots down my spine at the memory and I pick up my pace.

It isn't long until I finally reach the pack's border. I slow to a stop and catch my breath before lifting my head up to catch a drifting scent.

Two dominant males, beta, and it hasn't been long since they passed. Which means they should be close by.

I follow their scent trail and when they come into view I stop and take them in.

They were both smaller than me but the one on the left was bigger than average. He had a very shaggy brown and red coat and looked young. The one on the right was slightly smaller but still big. His coat was spotted with brown and black, just as shaggy as the others and just as young. Both of them talking to each other but still aware of their surroundings.

I'll give them credit, but they were still unable to notice me sneaking up on them. Pathetic.

The dark feeling starts to bubble up more, and I feel my ears flatten to my head and my lips retract from my fangs. Unlike last time, when I got attacked I had a reason to fight because I was defending myself. However, this time I'm fighting for kicks and nothing else.

They still haven't noticed me as I crouch down, preparing to pounce. A bird chooses that moment to take off in front of them and they both look over at it. A perfect distraction.

Adrenaline courses through me as I leap forward and land squarely on the larger one's back. He lets out a startled bark before trying to dislodge me.

I dig in my claws and bite on the extra skin above his spine, trying to snap it. Hearing a growl to my right I get off right as the other one lunges for me. I roll on the ground and get up before lunging toward the small wolf. My paws connect with his shoulder and he goes flying in the other direction.

The larger wolf finally snaps out of his stuper and charges at me. I prepare myself for the impact as he connects. I don't budge at all and it doesn't affect me as much as I thought it would. I feel a flicker of disappointment before it gets snuffed out by the adrenaline. The large wolf bites my shoulder and I snarl at the sting and sight of my blood running down my shoulder.

I shake him off and tackle him to the ground. We roll for a bit and I manage to sink my teeth into his leg as my hind legs claw his underbelly. Blood fills my mouth and I growl lowly. The male beneath me lets out a small whine and I snarl this time, biting down harder until I feel my fangs hit the bone. Now his whine is a high pitched howl and I let go of his leg to wrap my teeth around his throat. I clamp down but avoid the artery. After all I'm just playing with him, I don't plan on killing him. Yet.

The male takes the hint and falls quiet, his breath coming out in hard, pained pants. Satisfied I let go of him and he falls limp. Utterly defeated. I huff and turn to find the other one. I walk in the direction that he flew and see him laying on the ground limply.

I growl in irritation and walk over. I put my muzzle in front of his and feel light breaths hit my snout. Ugh. At least he's not dead.

My adrenaline rush comes to a crash and the dark feeling settles with it. The numbness that so often effects Aiden starts to seep into me and I snarl and shake my head roughly. That shit is not going to happen with me. Fuck that.

Forgetting about my two broken toys I stalk off in the opposite direction of the pack border. I head over to our meadow and my exhaustion hits me like a brick wall as I collapse to the ground. The numbness finally wins and swallows me up as I pass out.

Jack's Pov~

The pack link with Denis and his brother go dead and I storm out of my office.

"MICHAEL! YOUR COMING WITH ME. GET YOUR MEDICAL BAG!" I yell out across the hall.

I take the steps two at a time as I hear scrambling behind me and another set of steps.

I run out of the pack house and over toward the tree line not bothering to strip as I shift halfway across the clearing. My clothes ripping and shredding around me as I bolt to the treeline. Michael's foot steps echo my own after awhile as we head to the border.

Shadow's Pov~

My blood pumps as anger floods through me.

This is the second time. THE SECOND TIME, this alpha has barged onto my territory and hurt my pack mates. This time was worse however, because I'm currently on pack grounds and not a plane in the air. This is a challenge to my authority and I won't have it.

I growl again as I continue to race forward. It doesn't take long to get there and I start sniffing around. The smell of blood catches my attention and I follow it to see Denis and Dylan on the ground a few feet apart from each other. I freeze in horror at the sight but Micheal, now Milo, runs past me going straight for Denis.

Blood stains the grass below him as it seeps from his leg, belly, throat, and neck. His neck and legs have three clean bite marks, however his stomach is covered in claw marks reaching all the way across his belly.

I look over to Dylan and see him not moving at all. Fear courses through me, but I know he's not dead. I would have felt the pack link snap if he was. Still I run over to him and nudge him gently with my nose. He whines a bit before falling unconscious agaun, but it's all I need.

Fear is replaced by rage. Thick, deep, red rage. It clouds my vision and I run on instinct alone as I pick up the alpha's scent. I follow it way past our territory, and into unclaimed land.

The scent reaches it's peak when I burst into a clearing. I look around with red tinted vision as something jumps up and catches my eye. My head whips that way and my anger vanishes immediately.

I'm struck by awe at the wolf before me. He was as white as pure snow, with bright emerald green eyes. They look familiar but I shove it to the side and revel in my discovery.

It's my mate. I found my mate.

My tail slowly starts to sway back and forth as I walk toward him. He just stands there and watches me as I continue to walk forward. I only stop when our snouts are only a few centimeters apart, and we stare into each others eyes.

I break the silence, not breaking eye contact.

"So...Would you give me the greatest pleasure of knowing your name?"
_________________________________________________

1.44K READERS AND 87 VOTES.

I'M SO HAPPY. THANKYOU.

WORD COUNT: 1473