Chapter 11

Basically the pack house except it's in the center of a larger grass clearing and has four floors, not two.

Aiden's Pov~

My grip tightened on Geralt and he wiggled a little until I released my grip.

"The nerve of this guy!" Frost growled, furious. "Let me talk to him and that Shadow bastard! I bet they'll be rolling on their back in no time." He snarled and made an attempt to gain control.

However my grip was iron tight and I didn't budge an inch. "Frost leave it. You can smell just as well as I can that he's an alpha. If we pick a fight we're going to have to move again, and with Misty and Geralt it will be a lot more difficult than it used to."

"Still. We can beat him into submission and tell him to move! Not us."

"What about their elders, omegas, and pups? They might not survive a long journey. And who knows how long they have lived on their land. It could have ancestral value to them."

Frost faltered at this and then huffed, falling silent.

Coming back to the present I stepped back from Jack. Some part of me cringed at the act and Frost let out another growl, but I ignored it and said, "You can start by unbagging all the supplise while I check to see it Misty made a mess." I say putting Geralt on the ground to stretch his legs. "After that I'll join you and start putting stuff away." Jack nodded at this and I turned and walked to the kitchen, making sure to watch my step incase Misty had an accident.

Luckily there was nothing and I walked back over to Jack who was still unpacking stuff. Misty was next to him just watching and so was Geralt, but a little farther than Misty. It was weird how they adjusted to him so fast.

I started putting stuff away into some of the empty cabinets I had and even set up Geralt's new cat litter in the corner or the room. When I walked back to get Misty's kennel I saw that everything was finally unpacked and Jack had set it up already.

"Where should I put this?" He asked and I looked around before deciding that it could go by the door. "Over there would be good." I say pointing to the spot by the door. He carries it over there and I turn back to the last of the stuff.

Putting it away quickly I start on building the cat tower. Jack comes over and sits next to me, and I hear Misty walk over but I don't see her, along with Geralt. It's silent as I put everything together, the only sound is Misty's light panting. Once I finish putting it all together I stand up and stand it up as well. Moving it by the wall and next to the fireplace, so it'll be warm in the winter. I frown, for a bit.

It might be better to have Misty's kennel right next to it, because it would be warmer that way. I nod to myself before finally looking over to Jack. "Hey, can you gra-" I falter as I see him sitting there. He's staring right at me with such intensity as he's petting Misty who's laying by him, and Geralt who's in his lap.

I take in the sight and feel something stir in my chest. Frost just growls, "Don't get sappy on me. He's just another guy. We've been with plenty of them and this will be no different."

I mentally shake myself and continue with what I was saying. "Can you grab Misty's kennel from over there? I think it would be better over here, next to the cat tower."

Jack blinks and the intense gaze vanishes as he nods. I wait as he removes Geralt from his lap and walk over to get the kennel. He hands it to me and I mutter a quick 'thanks' before putting it beside the tower. I look it over and nod, satisfied with the result.

I turn back around and walk over to Geralt, picking him up and then walking back over to out him down on the first level of the tower. Not too high so he could get used to it.