Chapter 15

Frost's Pov~

I awake as I hear something crash through the trees, disturbing my sleep.

I growl and try to ignore it, but as it gets closer I can't brush it off anymore. I look over to the source of the sound just in time to see a big black wolf crash into the clearing. Suprised, I jump to my feet as he looks over at me.

When our eyes meet I froze, stunned. My heart startes to pound as happiness starts to flood through me. Knowing I finally found him. I told Aiden we would, but he didn't believe me.

The black wolf starts to walk toward me alowly, and I stare into his sapphire eyes, so clear and blue.

However, for some odd reason, as much as they thrill me, they annoy me. I feel like I've seen them somewhere before.

It's not until I hear his voice that it finally clicks in my head.

Shadow.

Tha memory of the arrogant alpha in human form starts to bring a snarl to my face but I hold back. Judging from his expression he doesn't know it's me yet. His eyes just continue to stare into mine, waiting for an answer.

Well....I guess I could run...wait...no....he could follow my scent and then find out it's me.

"Aiden!"

I feel a stir in the back of my mind.

"Yes~"

"I found our mate."

"Ohhhhh~ Okayyy.......WAIT WHAT!"

I internally flinched, Shadow still standing before me.

"Yeah...."

"....What is it?..."

"It's just that....."

"GOD FROST SPIT IT OUT!"

"REMEMBER JACK? AND SHADOW?"

"YEAH, WHAT ABOUT.......oh."

"Yeah...oh is right."

"Well....I don't really see the problem here......"

"The problem...is that he is an arrogant bastard and I don't accept this!"

"Wait....so you're thinking about rejecting him?..."

"Maybe.....I won't accept or submit to a mate that is weaker than us. My pride won't allow it, and if your a true alpha you'll accept my decision."

I feel Aiden sigh as he says, "Okay, I know your right. So, how about we give him a chance?"

"A chance for what?"

"To prove himself, so we can both agree whether to accept or deny him."

"Alright......" I begrudgingly agree.

Bringing myself back to the present I see Shadow still patiently waiting. However, now I can see a flicker of doubt and annoyance in his eyes.

Huh. Figures. He's probably used to getting his way all the time. Well, not while I'm gonna be around.

I blink at him slowly and he perks his ears at me. I back up a step, and then another. Shadow just stands there, watching me curiously. After I'm about a foot away from him, I grin devilishly at him and his gaze sharpens considerably.

Now, let's see if you're able to catch me.

I turn and bolt into the treeline, not turning back to see if he's going to follow. I've gotten only a few yards before a piercing howl rips through the air, shaking the trees.

A shiver runs down my spine as I pick up my pace. It's on now.

~~~

It's been about two hours when I finally decide to stop. I look around, taking in my surroundings. I haven't been this far out before, even when me and Aiden first explored the area.

My breath comes out in short fast pants and I decide to take a breather under one of the bigger pine trees. Laying down I start to calm my breathing, taking in the scents of the woods.

Huh, I guess he couldn't keep up with me afterall.

"Pathetic." I think aloud, my ear flicking back.

"Oh? Who's pathetic now?"

I hear the words as a warm breath brushes by my ear.

My head whips back as I jump to my paws, crouching low I slowly start to walk backwards. A snarl forms on my muzzle as I stare into the shadows of the tree I was laying under.

Two blue eyes stare back at me, with a gaze so sharp it could cut iron. He walks out slowly, and I back up further.

"Shadow." I snarl his name, my ears pressed back.

"Oh? So you know my name?" He asks, his head tilting to the side a bit. "Well that's not fair. After all, I chased you all this way. It would be ashame if I still couldn't get your name."

He starts to walk forward again, but I stand my ground. A low growl rips through me, however it doesn't seem to faze him. He invades my space and looks down at me, leaning forward a bit and asking once again in a low voice.

"So...Would you give me the greatest pleasure in knowing your name?"

This time I respond, "No. And you can go to hell and back before I give you an answer." I sneer at him. It bothers me that he's looking down at me so I finally stand to my full height, my head held high. However, when he also stood up, he was still bigger than me.

This frustrates me to no end and I growl again.

Shadow, on the other hand, must have found this amusing. A slow smile makes its way across his face as he continues to stare down at me.

Fed up, I let out one last snarl before turning and walking away. Deciding to leave male by himself. I didn't get very far before hearing paw steps behind me. I tried to ignore him but he kept getting closer. I finally gave in and turned back around.

"What do you want." I snap at him, making it clear I didn't want to be near him.

"I want to know why you're avoiding me when we both know we're mates." He finally growls out, looking annoyed.

"Oh? I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't want to be your mate." I snarl at him.

He snarls back finally, and I see I've struck a cord in him. "Yeah? And why is that." He says, baring his fangs.

My ears flatten down and I growl lowly in warning. "Because I refuse to submit to anyone. You'll have to make me." I snap, baring my fangs  as well. My answer brings a dark light to his eyes and he stops snarling, one ear flicking back.

"So, if I'm able to make you submit to me...you'll accept me as your mate?" He asks, sapphire eyes piercing through me.

"Sure." I sneer back, "But I doubt you'll be able too."

Shadow smiled at me then, and for the first time since I turned 10, I wondered if I'd made a mistake.
_________________________________________________

Hey yall~

Forgive me for not updating the past like..three weeks...but I've had insane writers block again.

However I've gotten so much good feedback and I wanted to thank you all so much.

Also....8.09K READS OMG. THANK U SO MUCH.

Anyway, I think I have gotten past it so I will try and start updating again, but no promises😅. And please if you notice any grammatical errors please tell me so I am able to fix them.

But that's it for now, so I'll ttyl. :D

Word Count: 1207