Chapter 16

Frost's Pov~

My ears flattened back and a shiver ran down my spine as I slowly bacled away from Shadow. He on the other hand steps towards me again.

It had fallen quiet, with only the sounds of the forest around us. Our gazes never breaking.

Finally, after what seemed like hours he spoke again.

"So, if you submit to me, you'll have to tell me your name then. Right?"

My ear twitched, and I responded. "So you still haven't realised it yet? Who I am?" I let out a small snort. "Figures," I snarl, slightly hurt even though I don't know why.

"Well then," Shadow starts, "I guess I'll find out now." Without another word or the slightest indication of what he was going to do, he lunges at me.

Taken aback I quickly dodge before lashing out at him as well. Looks like the fight begins.

Shadow dodged my strike with ease and retaliates by tackling me to the ground. I snarl and snap at his neck, but miss and latch onto his shoulder. A small part of me cringes at hurting my mate, but a push it aside. Now's not the time for that. Shadow lets out a low growl and bites my neck, a small thrill runs through me and I let go to scratch his face.

He lets go of me and backs up, giving me the upper hand. I lunge at him and pin him to the ground, letting my power out to make him submit. However a sudden burst of strength runs through him and he pushes me off. I stumble back and he also lets out a wave of power. I freeze, but just for a second before lunging at him again. Shadow ducks to the side and as I land he knocks my paws out from under me. I fall onto my side, and the air leaves me. He jumps on top of me again and pins my legs, so we were reversed. I look up at him and snarl, releasing all the power I have, he falters for a bit before releasing his own wave of power. We just stay there for a bit, locked in a silent battle for dominance.

Eventually, I start to get tired so I try to wiggle out of his grasp, but he doesn't let up. After another long stretch of time I finally give up. Shame fills me and makes my skin burn under my fur, but further more, relief floods through me. Finally, I found someone stronger than me, and he's my mate to boot. I go limp under him and stop fighting as his power takes all the will I have left away.

He feels the shift in me and stops pinning me, leaning down to nuzzel my neck fur. Now that I have accepted my defeat I relish in the attention, tipping my neck back to give him more access. He growls at this and nuzzels harder, making his way to my scent gland to mark me.

I purr softly as our scents entwine and makes a smell all our own of pine and oak. When he's done he backs up, giving me room to move. I sit up and he finally talks again. His deep voice rough yet soothing.

"So, now that you are mine. You will tell me your name now, right?"

My ears flick back and I turn my head to the side, suddenly embarrassed for whatever reason. I tilt my head a bit before answering.

"Uh...it's Frost." I grumble out, barely audible. I glance over to see Shadow just standing there, a little stunned.

"Huh, so I guess we did meet again." He says with a little knowing smirk. "I was right."

I turn back toward him and let out a little growl. "Yeah maybe, but don't let it go to your head."

Shadow just tilts his head, "Yeah, yeah." He responds, a small smile on his lips.

I huff and turn my head back to the side. I shut my eyes, not wanting to look at him any longer, but I start to hear pawsteps approaching me.

The smell of oak and rain envelops me and the hint of pine to it gives me a sense of satisfaction as he sits by me and starts to rub against me.