Chapter 20

Yall fair warning...but long ass chapter...im talking over 3000 long. BUT a lot of juicy stuff.

Aiden's Pov~

As my eyes met those of my mate's, my whole mood came crashing down.

I tensed instinctively, and I felt Frost stir in the back of my mind. Aware, but not doing anything yet.

I was still vaguely aware of Lily standing behind me, but I was too occupied in my whirlwind of thoughts that I didn't even look back.

Why was he here? Is he going to do something? Ugh, I hate how he's just standing there looking at me. I also hate that I still in some way find him so god damned handsome. Are you going to say something? And why am I just standing here?! SAY SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING FOR GOD'S SAKES!

Luckily I was interupted when he finally talked in what seemed like ages.

"Aiden." He said, his voice gruff in a way that had me swooning. My name on his lips, his voice saying it. It was divine.

"What the hell are you thinking!" Frost exclaimed, snapping me out of my haze. "Don't be fooled. It's just the mate bond. We must have started it without realizing, so we can't help but be attracted to him." He said the last part grudgingly, snarling slightly in disgust.

I registered what he said, and suddenly Jack was the scary Alpha again. Loming over me with a blank expression except for his eyes. They were glittering with unspoken anger and an emotion I couldn't place.

Fear started to creep in again, and he must have seen it because his eyes immediately changed. They became softer, more kind, as if to show he wasn't a threat.

I relaxed, but only a little as Frost growled again, warning me. Jack looked like he was about to say something again when a throat cleared.

We both looked behind me to see Lily. She was still standing behind me, waiting to be let out. Her eyes were downcast and her shoulders were slightly hunched, showing how akward she was feeling.

I immediately stepped back to let her through, and Jack also moved aside. However, it didn't go unnoticed when he favored his right foot.

A part of me ached at his pain, but another just brushed it off, still pissed off and wary of him.

"Thanks for tonight Aiden, I really had a lot of fun." Lily said as she passed. Looking at me and giving me a small smile.

I smiled back before saying, "No problem. I had a lot of fun too. Maybe we can do it another time?" I asked, tilting my head in a playful way.

She just smiled bigger and nodded.

"Alright then, I'll be off! Bye." She said as she backed up, waving at the last part before turning and walking down the sidewalk.

I watched her go for a bit, wondering if I should walk her home when a low growl sounded to the side of me.

I tensed again as I looked over to see Jack standing there with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. His eyes filled with that unknown emotion from before.

Before I could tell him to buzz off or even slam the door in his face, he walked right past me into my apartment.

Taken aback I just moved aside, letting him in. However I instantly regretted it as anger started to coarse through me.

Who does he think he is? Barging in like he owned the place.

I growled a little and it sounded more feral than usual, meaning Frost fully agreed and was about to take over. I stopped him though as I saw Misty run up to him and start weaving in and out of his legs as he walked around the living room. She continued to paw at his feet until he gave her a few scratches behind her ear. After he was done, she just took off, probably to go find Geralt wherever he was at.